Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking answers on my new Ridgid 3300 pressure washer please!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seeking answers on my new Ridgid 3300 pressure washer please!

I was reading where the 3300 max temperature is 104 degrees. Dose anyone use hot water when preasure washing? How well dose it clean auto's.

Comment

Hot water does clean better but never feed it into the pump inlet. A real hot water pressure washer has special high pressure heating coils after the pump and before the hose connection. A fire heats the coils and thus the water. The fire can only be on when water is flowing. It must go off fast if you release the trigger or it's KABOOM time.

Always feed cold, cool or luke warm water but never hot water into the pump.

Comment

I use warm water if sometimes but you have to watch it or you can overheat the pump. My CAT's from DeWalt have heat sensors to release at 150*F to protect the pump.

Comment

Phils,

I have now owned the Rigid 3300 for more than 4 months and I cannot say enough good things about it.

I just wish they had designed and marketed a model of this caliber years before. Then I would have been spared the headaches and repeated disappointments from the other models I used.

I did have a problem about 3.5 months into ownership with the trigger/wand leaking water. I contacted Rigid and they sent me a brand new trigger/wand and the unit still works like new.

Here are my favorite aspects of this unit:

One pull start each and every time, without fail [I have never experienced this type of consistency with a 4 cycle motor].

Motor runs significantly quieter than all the other pressure washers I have owned and used.

Motor runs quieter than any 4 cycle motor I have ever used of like horse power.

The peace of mind knowing I own a pressure washer with an industry standard pump [CAT] and that it will not wear out like the other cheap pumps.

Phils, I hope I have answered your request for an update! In short, this unit has far exceeded my expectations. Remember, I am not your casual home owner user that uses it only a couple of weekends a month...I have used this unit repeatedly to pressure wash entire houses, large properties, etc.

Cheers,

Freddy

Originally posted by phils View Post
          soarwitheagles,
          Please update us on your current experience with your unit. Is it meeting your expectations?
          Last edited by soarwitheagles; 07-08-2008, 01:01 AM.
          Don't squabble with the chickens
          Instead, soar
          with the eagles

Comment

I just bought the 3300 and , I dont know, maybe it's me, it seems like the pressure isnt what its suppose to be.
            I have tried all the nozzles and the pressure just doesnt seem to be there.
            I called tech support and went over all the basics, everything at my end checks out.. I dont recommend doing this, but you can put your hand in front of the 15 degree nozzle...
            Anyone else experience this?
            Last edited by chuckh; 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Me too (weak pressure)

I just bought a referb 3300 - had everything I wanted and seemed to be
              designed nicely.

Starts, runs - but the pressure is weak..... like the last poster in this
              thread, I can hold my hand under the 15 degree nozzle. Pressure
              does not fluctuate, it is just weak. Engine seems to be running well, checked
              the air filter, oil, gas.

Is there any way to tell if the pump is working correctly?

I really want to keep this, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
              Will

Comment

If you're able to hold your hand in front of a 15 degree nozzle then you do have a problem.

Only way to really check the pump would be to install a pressure gauge on the pump outlet and see what it is really putting out.

Have you checked the inlet screen on the pump for debris? Some guns/wands also have a screen installed in them to catch any debris that may go into the nozzles.

If you can find nothing wrong I'd be taking it back if possible. Later!

Comment

I can honestly tell anyone serious about buying the 3300 to read all this before doing so. I know Ridgid makes pretty good products, but maybe this was a rush decision that wasn't well thought out. I've read complaint after complaint in this forum and I know I wouldn't buy one right now. Maybe after being on the market a few years and having the bugs worked out......

Awhile back I was in the market for a good medium sized pressure washer and found a killer deal at Sears. It's their 3400psi/2.8gpm unit (actually no longer stocked) and utilizes a 8-8.5 HP B&S engine and a well built AR SJV pump. I paid $560 for it and it rocks every time I use. I find my cleaning to be better than what I was doing with my smaller machine and of course much faster. When the Ridgid 3300 came out I was amazed at the look/design, but after reading all the negatives I'm glad I bought what I did. Just my opinion! Later!

Comment

I checked the inlet screen and cannot find the mention of another screen (in the gun).

I also find it interesting in that the 3300 is no longer listed on the HomeDepot website.....

Comment

Working...
                    X