Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone really drill w/ their 1/4 inch impact driver???

I purchased the DeWalt Impact driver keyless chuck w/ the 1/4 inch hex end. I bought it cause it was made in Japan and Lowes had a new lowered price label(you know what that means chinese chucks on the way when the japenese ones sell out). I use my impact driver alot and thought it would be nice to have the chuck in the case if needed. If you own a impact driver chuck,do you use it often??? Ironically my impact driver is the Makita 6932 which made in China. I bought it as a raw tool. I had the batteries and charger from my Makita 14.4 drill driver(USA YEAH). I thought the 6932 was USA but it is china. Nice tool I kept it but hate that it is made in China!!!
    Last edited by Akita; 03-29-2008, 10:37 AM.
    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Re: Does anyone really drill w/ their 1/4 inch impact driver???

I do use my Chinese Makita to drill with the high speed 1/4 hex shank bits for light duty drilling.

Comment

i have both the chuck and the 1/4'' hex drill bits. high speed and masonry.

the 1/4'' hex is faster and lighter than the chuck assy.

now if you really want a safe powerful drill. purchase a 1/2'' drive impact chuck. the impact gun will drill large holes without any torque build up. imagine a 4 5/8'' hole without getting your butt kicked just a little noisy and it sounds like you're changing the tires all day

or you could buy 1 tooth hole saws and do the same thing as long as you don't hit a nail

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I use the hex bits in my impact driver for drilling too...

Comment

i use my 14.4 impact to drill holes, works great...i have been thinking about purchasing the concrete bis for it. save on buying a hammer drill

Comment

Yes indeed, I use my Makita LXT 18volt to drill wood a lot.
            The drill is small an easy to get into tight areas.

Comment

Working...
            X