Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need advice - Milwaukee vs Dewalt vs ???

Originally posted by AlbertaRAM View Post
    Most of the Lithium batteries are actually 20 volt (4 x 5). I've checked the voltage in a few of them before just to see and they are usually between 18 and 20 when fully charged.
    It's not a question of the Dewalt vs Milwaukee and both being the same price... the Milwaukee kit is just over $100 more, although there are 2 extra tools (well, 1 tool and 1 light). The problem is I would never use the recipro saw, so paying $100 more for the light didn't seem to make much sense.
    I ended up getting the Nano 2 piece kit - charged up the batteries and will try it out tomorrow at work! The impact is very much like the Makita one for sure in size and weight.
    Thanks for the help guys! Will post tomorrow as to how I am enjoying my new toys Now if I can just find someone in Canada that has the Dewalt florescent light so that I don't have to pay $35 shipping on ebay ones haha!
    I caught this thread late....I was going to suggest sniffing around some of your Home Depots for the Milwaukee V28 4 piece set - currently on clearance for $600....if you can find it in a store - hard since Home Depot hasn't actively promoted/carried them in almost a year. There's one in the computer at my store, but it might be a demo. Although if a tool deal comes around, I may investigate.....

24 volt Ridgid 4 piece kit is $489 in Canada on clearance, if you can find it.........better deal in the future maybe if you get a Ridgid tool sale weekend.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
      I caught this thread late....I was going to suggest sniffing around some of your Home Depots for the Milwaukee V28 4 piece set - currently on clearance for $600....if you can find it in a store - hard since Home Depot hasn't actively promoted/carried them in almost a year. There's one in the computer at my store, but it might be a demo. Although if a tool deal comes around, I may investigate.....

24 volt Ridgid 4 piece kit is $489 in Canada on clearance, if you can find it.........better deal in the future maybe if you get a Ridgid tool sale weekend.
      Didn't see the V28 tools at all at any local HD stores here in Calgary. Actually don't think I have seen the 24V Ridgid either! Will keep an eye open for sales coming up!

Comment

I would get another Makita Kit. Lightest weight, very nice feel, and great power. Price is right on the kits too.

Comment

Originally posted by workerbob View Post
          I would get another Makita Kit. Lightest weight, very nice feel, and great power. Price is right on the kits too.
          No thanks, been through 3 now - all had same problem with the drill.
          The 2 piece Makita kit is roughly the same price as the 2 piece Dewalt also.

Comment

Didn't see the V28 tools at all at any local HD stores here in Calgary. Actually don't think I have seen the 24V Ridgid either! Will keep an eye open for sales coming up!
            Go to the Pro Desk or Hardware department, find a guy next to a computer, and get him/her to look it up by part number. Milwaukee number is 0928-29 and the Ridgid kit is R932. Most times there is a ton of stuff buried in the upper racks of Home Depots. Don't assume anything is on display.......

Comment

Click-----> Opinions by other Contractors
              sigpic.................I Love My Toto Bidet :twofinger2: :twofinger:

Comment

No thanks, been through 3 now - all had same problem with the drill.
                The 2 piece Makita kit is roughly the same price as the 2 piece Dewalt also.
                My old man has one of those kits and his has been OK. One of the gears broke but that was fixed under warranty. The impact driver has been great. Maybe it's just the drill that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by yasudaplumbing View Post

Thanks, now I won't be buying Makita. lumbdog: The search continues......
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

If you don't take care of your batteries from extreme cold or hot they don't work well. Says so on the box. Common sense prevails.

Comment

Is this the Milwaukee V18 kit you are looking at? http://www.ohiopowertool.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=0824-24

We've got plent left and ship to Canada everyday.
                      Jay
                      Ohio Power Tool - Ridgid
                      Coptool - Power Tool Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jay6 View Post
                        Is this the Milwaukee V18 kit you are looking at? http://www.ohiopowertool.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=0824-24

We've got plent left and ship to Canada everyday.

Yup! That's the kit. HD here was selling it for $249 CDN. Didn't sell very quick at first but after a few weeks they sold out.

Comment

What's that Ridgid 18V Lithium drill like? The single battery version is $129 CDN and the 2 battery version is $229. For the extra $30 makes sense to get 2 single kits ($30 for a 2nd charger and a spare drill!). 1.5Ah batteries kinda suck I guess but nice and cheap!
                          Too bad the local HD stores don't sell the MaxSelect Impact driver anymore though! Last time I seen that it was like $79 for tool only. Anyone else here in Canada that has seen that Impact at a local HD lately?

Comment

No, the MaxSelect tools aren't being sold in Canadian stores anymore apparently. The Ridgid lithium ion compact 18 volt drill is a nice little unit, though.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                              No, the MaxSelect tools aren't being sold in Canadian stores anymore apparently. The Ridgid lithium ion compact 18 volt drill is a nice little unit, though.
                              Happen to know why? Is that line being replaced soon with something else?
                              I wouldn't mind getting the drill (or 2) if I knew an impact was coming shortly that would work with those batteries.
                              Thanks!

Comment

Happen to know why? Is that line being replaced soon with something else?
                                I wouldn't mind getting the drill (or 2) if I knew an impact was coming shortly that would work with those batteries.
                                Thanks!
                                The 18 volt impact will work with those batteries(just not the 24 volt batts).You can find it in the Ridgid 5 piece and ultimate kits.

Only thing is, they're still expensive in Canada...........no $299 ultimate kit blowout here unfortunately

Comment

Working...
                                X