Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice - Milwaukee vs Dewalt vs ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need advice - Milwaukee vs Dewalt vs ???

Originally posted by AlbertaRAM View Post
    Happen to know why? Is that line being replaced soon with something else?
    I wouldn't mind getting the drill (or 2) if I knew an impact was coming shortly that would work with those batteries.
    Thanks!
    No word why - they are still being stocked and sold readily in U.S. stores. Just could be a Canadian HD marketing policy. But, as Tinmack said, the standard 18 volt impact will work with those batteries fine. For both, your resource may be only through eBay.

Comment

Screw eBay... everyone wants so much in shipping it's not worth it anymore haha! IE... the DeWalt light... the shipping cost to Canada was the same amount as the light itself! No thanks.

I find Home Depot really lacking in the power tool dept lately... at least here in Canada anyways. They had a good selection a year ago but have slowly been pulling stuff off the shelves. The only Ridgid impact they have now is a 14V one. They don't even have the 5 piece kit anymore here.

Comment

Yeah, shipping to Canada from the U.S. is a killer with most sellers. Then, it is a bit of a roll of the dice on whether or not you get nailed with duties at the border (if it's a value under $40, you're pretty clear then). And I too wish HD here in Canada had a better selection - I'd much rather shop at my local HD store than put on the mileage to go to the stores in Michigan.

Comment

Never tried the 1.5Ah batteries before... am guessing it's a safe bet that I would be charging them twice as much as a 3.0Ah battery? haha
          For the amount of steel I am drilling through I am thinking a 1.5Ah may be a bad choice!

Comment

Well picked up the 4 piece Milwaukee set this evening at HD... was $200 off from last week! $399 for the kit seemed like a good price, so will give the kit a try. Tried the 2 piece Dewalt Nano kit but had a gear problem on the drill so returned it... after a week's use.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaRAM View Post
              Well picked up the 4 piece Milwaukee set this evening at HD... was $200 off from last week! $399 for the kit seemed like a good price, so will give the kit a try. Tried the 2 piece Dewalt Nano kit but had a gear problem on the drill so returned it... after a week's use.
              Is it the 18 volt or 28 volt Milwaukee kit??
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

18V.... the 28V only comes as a drill I think at the HD stores here.

Comment

Working...
                X