X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems W/18v Lit/Ion

Any one having problems with their lith/ion bateries.

#1 Always have had issues from day 1 with charging.

Will put batterie in charger both red and flashes which means evaluate. ???

Insert batteries in charger and green flashes but no red. Charger says defective. Happens on both batteries. (Can't beleive both batteries are bad).

Will wait a day or two batteries charge just fine.

#2 Used one lit/ion batterie in an older circular saw that normally took ni/cad. Saw only worked for a few minutes then quit. Put the batterie in charger and would not charge. Waited a few days and reinserted batterie
    charged fine.

Anyone one else having problems??

Thanks,

Cpoux

Re: Problems W/18v Lit/Ion

was the saw you used the battery in a max select saw? If not, that could be a problem.
    For all Repair and Cleaning needs in DFW, call THAT GUY! 817-565-7508

Comment

had same problem with lith-ion batteries from compact 18v drill kit. returned to store for refund. going to try 24v. tool does not need to be max select for 18v lith ion batteries.

Comment

I have experienced problems with all my 12V, 18V, 24V Ridgid Lithium Ion batteries at low temperatures. They appear to be very sensitive to the cold weather. Everytime the temperature dips below about 40 degrees both lights flash on the charger as you have described. Many times I have to warm the batteries before using them. It can be very frustrating since many times my work involves cold weather operations.

Comment

Yes, I returned 2 Li 18V compact kits and 2 24V starters. Same weird problems and cold was not the issue. I used my Bosch ps10, 40 yesterday and they are great tools and the cold does not kill the batterries unless it goes below freezing.

I can not find any 24v battery kits so I just bought some 2.5aH Nicads. I am so frustrated with Ridgid/HD on this 24v battery issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jay1605 View Post
            was the saw you used the battery in a max select saw? If not, that could be a problem.

No it wasn't; I asked several different HD Tool Cage employees and they all say should work in all 18V Ni/Cad tools as well...

Not so sure they know what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by littlediesel View Post
              I have experienced problems with all my 12V, 18V, 24V Ridgid Lithium Ion batteries at low temperatures. They appear to be very sensitive to the cold weather. Everytime the temperature dips below about 40 degrees both lights flash on the charger as you have described. Many times I have to warm the batteries before using them. It can be very frustrating since many times my work involves cold weather operations.
              It has been my experiance over the last two winters that LI batteries cannot be left out overnight in freezing weather.
              I have had no problems with using LI batteries outdoors in freezing weather. We have a large number of Ridgid cordless tools and use them outdoors in weather all through the winter. We routinely take them to the jobsite and they sit in the bed of the truck and are used throughout the day.
              Again we have no problem with the LI batteries in cold weather unless we leave them in a truck overnight in freezing weather.

Comment

return or sale your ridgid, and buy dewalt.... problem solved. why deal with tools that don't work when you need them? i never owned ridgid power tools, because everyone i know who own ridgid regret buying them. they make good hand tools though.

Comment

Originally posted by cpoux View Post
                  Originally posted by jay1605 View Post
                  No it wasn't; I asked several different HD Tool Cage employees and they all say should work in all 18V Ni/Cad tools as well...

Not so sure they know what they are talking about.
                  Cpoux, don't worry about what Jay said. A tool does not need to be a MaxSelect tool to work with the new lithium ion batteries. The only thing that matters is if it is the correct working voltage for the tool (18v for 18v).

Comment

Originally posted by cpoux View Post
                    Any one having problems with their lith/ion bateries.

#1 Always have had issues from day 1 with charging.

Will put batterie in charger both red and flashes which means evaluate. ???

Insert batteries in charger and green flashes but no red. Charger says defective. Happens on both batteries. (Can't beleive both batteries are bad).

Will wait a day or two batteries charge just fine.

#2 Used one lit/ion batterie in an older circular saw that normally took ni/cad. Saw only worked for a few minutes then quit. Put the batterie in charger and would not charge. Waited a few days and reinserted batterie
                    charged fine.
                    Anyone one else having problems??

Thanks,

Cpoux
                    I would box up the set and return it to HD for an exchange. Why mess with it. You purchased quality tools from a no hassel return retailer. That is assuming you purchased from HD not eBay. If you purchased on eBay, good luck.

Comment

Working...
                    X