X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with blade insertion reciprocating saw R3000

I have a Rigid reciprocating saw R3000. I have not used it for a while and took it out of the case today and have been tring to insert a new blade. I pulled up on the blade clamp lock/release lever and try to insert the new blade but it won't go in all of the way. It looks like the pin that should go through the hole in the blade will not pull back to let the blade in.
    Any thoughts on a home remedy or do I need to take it to a service ctr?
    T

Re: Problem with blade insertion reciprocating saw R3000

Clean with compressed air, spray some DryLube[will clean and not leave oil film]and work the lever and blade in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by tpador1 View Post
      I have a Rigid reciprocating saw R3000. I have not used it for a while and took it out of the case today and have been tring to insert a new blade. I pulled up on the blade clamp lock/release lever and try to insert the new blade but it won't go in all of the way. It looks like the pin that should go through the hole in the blade will not pull back to let the blade in.
      Any thoughts on a home remedy or do I need to take it to a service ctr?
      T
      We use our recip saws in filthy conditions during demo work in old houses as we routinely cut through old rotted wood, sheet rock and plaster and concrete. We used to have sticking problems as you describe. We accidentaly discovered that a few drops of nail gun oil into the blade mechanism keeps everything working nicely.

Comment

I am having a similar problem with mine. Ended up putting to much pressure on the lever and the small pin that holds the lever in place so that the cam action can work is now pulled loose from the plastic cowling that is the upper half of the surround around where the blade fits into it's seat. The cowling is split as well.

My question is, how do I remove the large rubber cover so that I can get to the blade lock and the plastic cowling so that I can replace them?

Thank you for any and all help
        Craig59

Comment

Originally posted by Craig59 View Post
          I am having a similar problem with mine. Ended up putting to much pressure on the lever and the small pin that holds the lever in place so that the cam action can work is now pulled loose from the plastic cowling that is the upper half of the surround around where the blade fits into it's seat. The cowling is split as well.

My question is, how do I remove the large rubber cover so that I can get to the blade lock and the plastic cowling so that I can replace them?

Thank you for any and all help
          Craig59
          Click on the following Ridgid hyperlink for a connection to the parts list and drawing. http://www.ridgidparts.com/

You might be covered under the three year warranty or lifetime service agreement......good luck....Ray
          Last edited by roadrashray; 04-26-2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X