R6000 Drywall driver as screwgun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R6000 Drywall driver as screwgun

Need a screwgun for driving screws in a pole building. Does anyone know if the R6000 can be used with hex head screws and keep the adjustable depth setting ability? How about other recommendations? Also, the two posts I found in the search didn't look too promising as to reliability but sometimes only the problems show up on the boards. Thanks for your help. Darrell

Re: R6000 Drywall driver as screwgun

Originally posted by darrellbarnes View Post
    Need a screwgun for driving screws in a pole building. Does anyone know if the R6000 can be used with hex head screws and keep the adjustable depth setting ability? How about other recommendations? Also, the two posts I found in the search didn't look too promising as to reliability but sometimes only the problems show up on the boards. Thanks for your help. Darrell
    I don't know about using a drywall driver for driving hex head screws. It would seem like they might be a little low on torque for driving long wood screws. We use Ridgid 14.4V, 18V and Maxselect 18/24V impact tools for driving long screws into wood. They are great tools for that purpose. Strangley enough the 14.4V driver is the most effective.

Comment

Thanks Ray, Sounds like good advice. Guess I'll look for a tool that's made for the purpose. I'm seeing it as a one-time use so I was trying to "cheap-out".
      Darrell

Comment

Originally posted by darrellbarnes View Post
        Thanks Ray, Sounds like good advice. Guess I'll look for a tool that's made for the purpose. I'm seeing it as a one-time use so I was trying to "cheap-out".
        Darrell
        there have been many posts on this site that the Ryobi 18V impact tool is very good for the price......Good luck, Ray

Comment

Working...
        X