Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Combo

Hi all,
    I picked up the Ridgid router combo and I like to use it in a table. Does anyone know if there are lift systems that fit this route? Is it the same as the PC or Bosch?

Re: Router Combo

bump...anyone???

Comment

Sorry, can't help you out with that one.

Comment

I honestly don't know. I can tell you that I'm using the Rockler table package with the PC690 compatible mounting plate. It fits the Ridgid router perfectly. I matched up the baseplate from the router's fixed base and then drilled a hole in it to allow use of the supplied T-handle. Now I can do my adjustments from above the table.

The only thing I had to do was remove one of the router's base handles so that it would fit properly. The problem was that the handle is so low on the base, that it doesn't properly clear the thickness of Rockler MDF table (which is about an 1-1/8 th).

So for a router lift, I'd investigate the PC690 compatibility.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thank you!

I purchased the Rockler\Jessem FX lift and the Ridgid router motor does NOT fit. The motor is too big for the lift. I was hoping that it would fit snugly but it's beyond that. If anything it's testiment that the Ridgid is build heavy.

It's too bad because the router is excellent. Not sure what I'm going to do. I really hate returing the ridgid for a PC or Dewalt...maybe a bosch. Still the LEDs keep hypnotized!

Comment

Working...
          X