Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Totally Awesome 3300 Pressure Washer!

UPDATE on my 3300 pressure washer:

Ok, I have used it a number of times and it is still working perfectly. No problems at all. Next week we will use it to pressure wash an entire house before painting it.

I am so happy with this pressure washer...after years of searching for a commercial unit that is in my price range yet works well, I have finally found it.

Have a good one everyone!

Freddy
    Don't squabble with the chickens
    Instead, soar
    with the eagles

Comment

Thanks for the update, Soar. Glad to hear this unit is living up to the expectations. Let us know how it works for your future project(s).

Comment

I finally got my unit, setup was easy, the manual was easy to follow. I started up the unit for the first time today, and didn't have enough time to clean the driveway but cleaned the rims on my car and a test section on the driveway using the # 40 tip. My initial impressions were, this baby has some kick. I spent more money then I thought was necessary when I first started researching the $ 200 electric units I was considering, but after review decided I would not be happy with the results.
        I was very surprised how easy this unit started up, nothing like other gasoline garden equipement I have.
        The trigger unit and wand storage is pretty much a joke and could be a lot better. Ridgid needs to spend some more time improving this feature.
        I appreciate everyone's comments based on their experience and knowledge. Please continue to post further comments, as I will as well.
        Phils

Comment

Hey Phils,

You are right, the cradle for the wand is little more than just throwing it on the ground when you're done with it, as it tends to end up there anyway. However, I bought some non-adhesive Velcro strips from Lowe's. Simply fold the strip in half and make a "v" shaped cut in the folded end and remove the cut "v" shaped piece (it will be diamond shaped when you unfold the strip. Simply attach it to the top cradle using the existing hole and original bolt/washer and nut. Then do the same thing and attach another strip to the smaller rest. On the smaller rest, I put the Velcro down first (against the frame) then put the rest on top of the strip and bolted it back on the same way it was before. It's quick to strap the gun down and undo it. Works well. Quick, easy, cheap fix.

It irritates me that simple things like that get over looked, or cast aside when making a product. To me it's like making bottled water and not putting a cap on the damn thing, or making a race car and putting mud'n tires on it. You're so close to making an awesome product, just put the last few, simple, cheap touches on it. It's just dumb. "Uh boss, maybe we should actually try this thing out before we chuck'r in the box and ship it."

On another note, I did experience a problem when I used mine yesterday. I could not get the thing to dispense detergent at all while using the soap nozzle. I even tried filling the tube with water and even tried it without a tip on the gun at all. It no worky.

Comment

Hi simchamp,
            Thank you for the velcro idea. I will give this some thought and see what I can come up with. I want to at least be able to add some type of rest or receiver at the bottom to stabilize the parts.

I will get some detergent this weekend and try to add it to the hose stream to determine if mine works or not, and report back the results. Maybe you can call Ridgid customer service and see what they say about your problem. Could there be some packing material inside the suction tube on the pump you have not seen? Its odd the suction side doesn't work when the pump works! Keep us informed how this works out for you.

Comment

There is a spring and a check ball under the barb for the soap injection. Unscrew the barb and check, also there is a small orfice that may need to be cleared at the base with a fine gauge wire. I always run clean water thru from a bucket with the nozzel off and the engine off before storage if I have used soap to make sure it is clear. You do not need to run the engine/pump, it is a syphon feed, only the garden hose needs to be running at the inlet. Another thing is clear reinforced braided hose is best esp. in heat as it will not collapse under vacume like the cheap plastic hoses can. Check the screen too. I also add a brass fitting over the hose/screen end as added weight to keep the hose at the base of the solution.

Comment

I used the pressure washer to clean my driveway, and on a whole it performed up to my expectations. I used some detergent and did not have any problems as another person reported. A couple of nice features I would like to have had is away to regulate the mix ratio for the detergent, since it is used up to quickly. It also did not contribute much to the cleaning process. Next time I will try another brand. The high pressure alone was more than sufficient. A gas gauge would be nice so I know how much is in the tank at any time. I changed out the head a couple of times, only to have to stop again, because I was out of gas. If I knew it was low I could have filled up when I stopped to change the head out instead of stopping mid stream to add gas.
                What was irritating to me was the hose. It wants to kink too often. Anyone have a suggestion on their method to avoid this problem or can you recommend a different hose.

Comment

I don't have the Cadillac like you do, mine is a Karcher (gas, 2400) but I can share with the primitive method I use to "regulate" the detergent flow:

All we need is something which we can use to compress (adjustable) on the tubing, more restrict ion = less flow. and vice versa. I found an age old (but new) screw-on type window stopper in my bin so I gave it a try; I loosen the screw if I want more dtergent, tighten it down when I need less.. it works

Edit: btw, someone once suggested to me to use one of those adjustment thingy used for IV drip, I have not looked into it but I wasnlt certain if they have one for a (relatively) large tubing used by our pressure wahsers. But it surely sounds more "civilize" than what I use today.

In fact my Karcher does not have a built-in detergent container, I made a holder from some wire basket and mount it onto the front of the Karcher .. works like a charm

As for less "kink" ... I bought a 50' DeWalt hose when it was on clearance and that it is is less kinky than the Karcher hose, but I cannot compare it with Ridgid's coz I don't own one.
                  Last edited by Wagon Man; 06-02-2008, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I noticed while cleaning the driveway, that the wheels when they get wet cause black stains on the concrete. Has anyone noticed this problem? I would expect non marking tires which doesn't seem unreasonable to me! Any thoughts!

Comment

Use the inflateable tires like on my Dewalt PW's?

Comment

Andrew M.
                        Thank you for the suggestion. At this time I prefer not buying new tires for a new machine. I tried some 303 protectant on the tires, and will have wait for the next usage to determine if that helped.

Comment

New Kid On the Block!

Hi Gang.. Well I did it last night and got the 3300, Still in the box
                          in my garage, I bought this on this site's reviews and your comments
                          , thanks! I hope I enjoy it.. gunna have some coffee and put her
                          together this AM. BTW... GREAT FORUM!
                          (Even had a 10% Coupon off as well)
                          Jeff

Comment

Ok, She is put together,, bad storm coming *lol*
                            Still want to try it though..
                            Questions?

- Is it OK to start the engine to test it without having the water
                            hooked up to the unit?

-Should I start out with the 25 Nozzle Tip for playing?

-If I use the Vinyl Siding Cleaner will it kill my wife's plants?
                            if so she will kill me !

-Do I need to have the tube connected to the unit if
                            I am not using the cleaners?

- What is that hole for in the top that looks like something
                            should go into?

Thanks Guys!
                            Jeff
                            Last edited by Cougar; 06-08-2008, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Is it OK to start the engine to test it without having the water
                              hooked up to the unit?
                              I would suggest you turn the water on first. It will help keep the pump cool, and not trap air in the pump. My two cent opinion!

-Should I start out with the 25 Nozzle Tip for playing?
                              Why not. However, I suggest you start with the least aggressive tip and work your way up when you start your project.

-If I use the Vinyl Siding Cleaner will it kill my wife's plants?
                              if so she will kill me !
                              Test a small area first. The detergent killed some grass at the edge of the driveway. The manufacturer suggested washing down plants after they are covered with detergent, however that still did not help me.

-Do I need to have the tube connected to the unit if
                              I am not using the cleaners?
                              No

- What is that hole for in the top that looks like something
                              should go into?
                              Where is this hole located? There is a large hole in a steel plate for lifting!

Comment

phils, thanks for all the info, I did get a chance today to try it
                                out and WOW it is powerful , at least for my weekend warrior
                                stuff around the home.. The only thing I did wrong was I plugged the
                                intake from the bottle to the black thing on the pump.. nothing happened
                                and I did Finley see the brass fitting for the proper place to plug the
                                pick-up hose into... *DUH*

The Cut out (on the frame) with the black plastic on it is maybe
                                a type of holder for the suction tube? doesn't look like a lifting area
                                to me . otherwise I give this washer 5 STARS,,, I did however notice
                                at one point in my washing that the engine all of a sudden blow out
                                some white smoke then went away. not sure way that happened.
                                Thanks for your help today!
                                Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X