X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 3300 gun/wand has begun to leak

Hi again everyone! It is so nice to read each post and learn more about this 3300 pressure washer.

Well, I have just now begun to have my first problem...the gun/wand is leaking and I cannot seem to stop it. No matter how much I tighten the wand, I still get a small stream of water jetting out. It is kind of irritating because when I pressure washed a house last week, I got completely soaked due to some overhead spraying [when I raise the gun over my head, the leak flows down my arm and soaks me real good].

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Please do not misunderstand me...this 3300 Rigid pressure washer still out performs all 5 of the competitors models by far and I am really happy with it.....I just would like to find a way to stop the wand/gun from leaking.

It's me, Freddy
    Last edited by soarwitheagles; 06-16-2008, 04:25 AM.
    Don't squabble with the chickens
    Instead, soar
    with the eagles

Comment

Re: Totally Awesome 3300 Pressure Washer!

Can't get soap to go through machine...Did everything I could find in manual won't suck up soap at all...Went to Ridgid site to trouble shoot had nothing...Is there something you did different at a loss looking for help...
      Last edited by birvayd; 06-16-2008, 12:54 PM. Reason: First time posting didn't put question in...

Comment

soarwitheagles,
        Can you be more specific where is the water is coming from ie. Handle, attachment of hose to handle, at the connection point of the wand to the handle. Are any of the threads damaged or crossed?
        I have had air leaks I stopped with teflon tape! Just guessing!
        If its less then 90days from the purchase date, you can take it back to HD for exchange or full refund with the receipt.
        Last edited by phils; 06-16-2008, 11:33 PM.

Comment

birvayd,
          I saw another post where they were having the same problem, with some one giving a worthwhile suggestion. I don't know how it turned out. Do a search on pressure washers to find the suggestion. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by phils View Post
            soarwitheagles,
            Can you be more specific where is the water is coming from ie. Handle, attachment of hose to handle, at the connection point of the wand to the handle. Are any of the threads damaged or crossed?
            I have had air leaks I stopped with teflon tape! Just guessing!
            If its less then 90days from the purchase date, you can take it back to HD for exchange or full refund with the receipt.
            Phils,

Thanks for your reply. The water is leaking at the connection point between the wand and the handle. Threads are fine, not crossed or damaged in the least. So I do not think that could be the issue...

I suspect the leak could have something to do with the rubber O ring that is used to ensure a tight fit between the wand and the handle.

I really want to keep this 3300 because I feel it is far, far better than all the other brands I have owned and/or used over the years. In reality, it is in a class and category all of its own.

I put on one of my spare Dewalt wand/guns and the 3300 works just fine, but I really want to stick with the Rigid wand/gun if possible. Remember, the Rigid 3300 runs much quieter, runs much cooler, and the pull start is the easiest pull start I have ever experienced in my entire life. No other unit that I have used comes even close the ruggedness of this 3300. I also like the portability of this unit because the top folds over with a simple pull of a pin, making this unit super easy to store. I have owned or used Ryobi's, Dewalt, Karcher, Kelly Moore, etc. and nothing has ever come even close to this overall excellent quality of pressure washer. I'll never go back to one of the other models unless they make major engineering and mechanical improvements.

I will contact Rigid tomorrow and see if they have any suggestions...

Has anyone here ever contacted Rigid support and how is their quality of support/service?

It is me,

Freddy
            Instead, soar
            with the eagles

Comment

soarwitheagles,
              The customer service people were pleasant and helpful.
              I looked at my unit and found the "o" ring you indicated, which may be the cause of the leak. I had not noticed the seal until now.
              If it can be replaced customer service may send you a new one. I checked the parts list and the "o" ring is not called out separately as a part number.
              Let us know how it works out for you!
              Last edited by phils; 06-17-2008, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Phils,

Thanks for the heads up and I will let ya know how this worked out!

Have a good one!

Freddy

soarwitheagles,
                The customer service people were pleasant and helpful.
                I looked at my unit and found the "o" ring you indicated, which may be the cause of the leak. I had not noticed the seal until now.
                If it can be replaced customer service may send you a new one. I checked the parts list and the "o" ring is not called out separately as a part number.
                Let us know how it works out for you!
                Instead, soar
                with the eagles

Comment

Excellent customer service from Rigid too!

Originally posted by soarwitheagles View Post
                  Phils,

Thanks for the heads up and I will let ya know how this worked out!

Have a good one!

Freddy
                  One quick update: I just got off the phone with Rigid...and the help and support I received was exceptional!

After I shared about my concerns regarding the leak in my wand/gun, they told me no problem, we will ship you a brand new wand/gun and you will receive it within 8-10 business days! Wow! What excellent service!

I also asked if they are having any other issues with the 3300. They told me no, but they have had a limited number of other wand/guns that leaked at the trigger area.

So, I really believe Rigid has outdone themselves on their first production of pressure washers...esp. the 3300 [model number RD80964].

After using all types of pressure washers and experiencing various disappointments with each model, I am so happy with this Rigid 3300.

I hope you will be happy with yours too.

Have a great day everyone!

Freddy
                  Instead, soar
                  with the eagles

Comment

The New Handle/Trigger works just fine!

Update,

I received the new Handle/Trigger within 10 business days and it works perfect!

Rigid rocks!

Have a great day everyone and keep posting so we grow together in understanding the ins/outs and the pros/cons and the strengths/weaknesses of these units!

It's me,

Happy Freddy
                    Instead, soar
                    with the eagles

Comment

Thanks for the info on your PW's. My local HD has the 3300 psi in MD # RD80763, I believe it is the same as the RD80770, does anyone know for sure? I will pick it up as soon as my local HD has one in stock. I have been checking for couple of weeks still none. I was going to go with the DeWalt, but they covered the pump for a reason, they went with a cheaper one, also chgd the engine from the honda to the "DeWalt".

Comment

The literature for the 3300psi unit I have has two model number noted RD80763 and RD80964. Customer service told me model number RD80964 was built to meet California's more stringent emissions requirements. The RD80770 is the 3800psi unit.
                        Last edited by phils; 07-24-2008, 02:34 PM.

Comment

The literature for the 3300psi unit I have has two model number noted RD80763 and RD80964. Customer service told me model number RD80964 was built to meet California's more stringent emissions requirements. The RD80770 is the 3800psi unit.
                          Tanks for the info.

Comment

SimChamp,

Thanks for your post!

Can you please take a pic and show me how you set up that Velcro attachment?

I have a large spool of industrial grade velcro and I would like to try the set up you mentioned.

Thanks,

Freddy

Originally posted by simchamp View Post
                            Hey Phils,

You are right, the cradle for the wand is little more than just throwing it on the ground when you're done with it, as it tends to end up there anyway. However, I bought some non-adhesive Velcro strips from Lowe's. Simply fold the strip in half and make a "v" shaped cut in the folded end and remove the cut "v" shaped piece (it will be diamond shaped when you unfold the strip. Simply attach it to the top cradle using the existing hole and original bolt/washer and nut. Then do the same thing and attach another strip to the smaller rest. On the smaller rest, I put the Velcro down first (against the frame) then put the rest on top of the strip and bolted it back on the same way it was before. It's quick to strap the gun down and undo it. Works well. Quick, easy, cheap fix.

It irritates me that simple things like that get over looked, or cast aside when making a product. To me it's like making bottled water and not putting a cap on the damn thing, or making a race car and putting mud'n tires on it. You're so close to making an awesome product, just put the last few, simple, cheap touches on it. It's just dumb. "Uh boss, maybe we should actually try this thing out before we chuck'r in the box and ship it."

On another note, I did experience a problem when I used mine yesterday. I could not get the thing to dispense detergent at all while using the soap nozzle. I even tried filling the tube with water and even tried it without a tip on the gun at all. It no worky.
                            Instead, soar
                            with the eagles

Comment

Working...
                            X