New TS3660 and power twist belt question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TS3660 and power twist belt question

I picked up a TS3660 few days ago and will start assembly this weekend.

I was thinking about installing the PowerTwist Plus V-Belt on it instead of
    The belt that it comes with. Any thoughts on using the PT belt?
    Thanks

Re: New TS3660 and power twist belt question

Why??????

The belt that comes with the saw works just fine
    if you just take the time to read the manual.

Comment

The best reason for not using a power twist belt on the TS3660 is that it won't work on the TS3660. Even more importantly, the stock serpentine belt is every bit as good as the power twist belts are.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.
        So, It looks like I will be spending the extra cash on a 80T saw blade Instead of hype.

Comment

Originally posted by rom57 View Post
          Thanks for the feedback.
          So, It looks like I will be spending the extra cash on a 80T saw blade Instead of hype.
          The link belts aren't hype because they do pretty much what they claim, but they aren't applicable to the 3650 without also changing out the pulleys. The 3650 comes with an automotive style serpentine belt called a "poly-v" belt which is thinner and more flexible than most standard v-belts that link belts are designed to replace. The poly-v is less prone to the memory problems of many standard v-belts, so there's really no reason to bother with changing it unless you're having a specific problem with the system.

Make sure that blade is a good one!
          Last edited by hewood; 04-04-2008, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks hewood.

The poly-v is less prone to the memory problems of many standard v-belts, so there's really no reason to bother with changing it unless you're having a specific problem with the system.
            No specific problems at all since I haven’t started assembly yet. I just though might be easier to do it during the initial assembly which starts tomorrow.
            I was just concerned about memory problems since the saw will not be used most of the time.

Table saws scare the heck out of me and that’s why I have never owned one and somehow managed to do without for the past Thirty years just using routers as a primary tool.

Anyhow I got a Freud DIABLO D1080X instead.

Comment

Working...
            X