X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS1290LZA Review

I have gone through about 6 months of research, google searches, consumer magazines, and personal conversations about my latest purchase: A sliding, compound miter saw. While keeping my needs in mind, I nailed it to a few possibilities: Dewalt 12", Ridgid 12", Bosch 10" (really, the 12" doesn't cut that much bigger material for the money), and Makita 12" (old reliable). After exhaustive research, my decision was to go with the Ridgid MS1290LZA (not LZ1 or LZ mind you). Dewalt honestly came in close but the warranty wasn't as good and the price was steep. All the blogging about manufacturing defects did not come true in my case. No gib screw adjustments regarding slider defects, only an adjustment with the fence-to-saw blade (the set screws weren't tight before shipment). So far, it seems intuitive and simple. The lazer is easily adjustable and as accurate as a lazer can be when attached to the arbor. Dust collection sucks as (I have heard) is the case with and SCMS (Not bad with a ShopVac attached though). As I took other blogging, take mine with a grain of salt. However, I can say that I have done extensive research and it seems as if my choice is the most logical.

Re: MS1290LZA Review

Thank you Mr. Spock.

Comment

Glad to hear you like your saw. I think my choice will end up being a Bosch when I do get my own CMS. Unless Ridgid makes some corrections/updates to the flaws with this saw. But glad to hear you're happy with your purchase.

Comment

I have been in the building trade for 22 years,from renovations to new house construction. I have used hitachi ,bosch,and dewalt cms and scms's.I was partial to the 10'' bosch over the12''dewalt scms until I got my 12'' ridgid.Now I have found in my opinion the ultimate saw.. Dollar for dollar I would put it up against any miter saw on the market.I didn't install the laser cause for precision nothing beats 20/20 vision. The dust bag stinks but so do the dust bags on all the other mitersaws I have ever used.Thanks to Ridgid for what I consider the ultimate saw at a great price With a warranty second to none!!!!!!!

Comment

I have had my 12 inch slider for over three years now and it has never let me down in any aspect. i shopped all the other saws in its class and found hands down that rigid beats them all.. Flawless crosscuts in any thickness material and crosscutting capabilities that puts the other saws way behind the rigid.. no disappointments here. it was worth every penny....

Comment

Like yourself I too did a lot of research before buying and decided on the 1290. The Bosch came very close but since the Ridgid was a 150 bucks less I thought that much cash was better off in my pocket than someone else's. The LZ1 is what HD had so that's the one I got.

Right out of the box it's been cutting perfect. The only adjustment I made was to the tension on the bevel movement. It was a little too tight for my liking. I read about the head sagging as it extends on the rails but this ones perfect. What I don't like is the dust pickup or rather lack of it. Even with a vac attached not much makes it down the tube. Oh well, no saw is perfect.

Comment

Working...
            X