pOWER DRILL-BATTERY PROBLEMS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pOWER DRILL-BATTERY PROBLEMS

I was drilling today and the drill got stuck between forward and revese-then i smelled an eletrcial odor and I think I may have shorted out the battery. I tried the other battery to try to switch to forward or revese and seemed to have fried that one too.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? Thanks

Re: pOWER DRILL-BATTERY PROBLEMS

Originally posted by The Talon View Post
    I was drilling today and the drill got stuck between forward and revese-then i smelled an eletrcial odor and I think I may have shorted out the battery. I tried the other battery to try to switch to forward or revese and seemed to have fried that one too.

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do? Thanks
    Is this a Ridgid product? Can you test the batteries in another tool, or with a volt meter? If drill is under warranty bring it in for service. My Ridgid drills have a safety to lock the trigger between forward and reverse, are you sure on how or when the damage occured?

Comment

Re: pOWER DRILL-BATTERY PROBLEMS

An electrical smell would seem to indicate the motor or part of the drill electronics probably burned out. Does the drill switch move fine from forward to reverse? If it's stuck on the center thats the safety lock position.

Comment

Working...
      X