X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R888 Maxselect Planer on clearance?

Noticed today that the Caulk Gun and Planer were both on clearance at my local HD. Both had the clearance yellow sticker on them....

Re: R888 Maxselect Planer on clearance?

How much?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
      Noticed today that the Caulk Gun and Planer were both on clearance at my local HD. Both had the clearance yellow sticker on them....
      The caulk gun is great for big jobs. The PROBLEM is the plunger is sized for small tubes. When we used it on large tubes it bent the tube end over and blew glue out the back of the tube all over the plunger mechanism. Ridgid doesn't have a larger diameter plunger so we made one.
      The planer is great for jobsite stuff. Quick out of the bag and easy to use. Not as good as the DeWalt corded planer, however fast availability makes it useful.
      Last edited by roadrashray; 04-07-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Price on the planer would be cool.

Question - how long does it last on a charge? It would seem to me it wouldnt last that long on an 18V battery, spinning at a high RPM and all.

-Chris

Comment

I noticed the caulk gun had a yellow clearance sticker but I did not bother to look at the price because of the comments made about the tool during the big Ni-cad clearance earlier this year. I have not used the tool but the tool could be interesting if it really could "brake" the caulk flow when the trigger is released.
          Last edited by reConx; 04-07-2008, 10:30 PM.

Comment

price is still the 119 as it always has been, but it has a yellow sticker, I am guessing it must have a new and improved model coming out.

The caulk gun works awesome for putting down construction adhesive while doing decking... but we had the same problem, blew it out the back and through the gears... what a mess. Its still in pieces and havent put it back together... hope they redesign it or something... hope they dont just toss the idea. Somepeople think its worthless, but for some jobs it is a hand and forearm saver!

Comment

Yes, the caulk gun is "yellow stickered", but not a bargain price. I know when I am in the tool department a yellow sticker catches my eye, but no sale if it's not carrying a price reduction to match. I've had a caulking gun for about 3 years. Started with the Ryobi caulk gun in their 18 volt line and found that I liked it for the bigger jobs as anything works for small stuff. Got the Ridgid with the 8 piece ultimate combo, but still use the Ryobi as it's made strictly for smaller tubes and requires less carrying room. Yep, have had a few tubes of everything blow out of the back because of too much pressure and too small an opening cut in the nozzle. As time has gone by, I've gotten better at using, setting and monitoring it for flow. They definitely save in the sore arm department.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
                Price on the planer would be cool.

Question - how long does it last on a charge? It would seem to me it wouldnt last that long on an 18V battery, spinning at a high RPM and all.

-Chris
                We generally only use it for short jobs on the jobsite and don't really pay attention to batt use however it seems reasonable. Seems like I remember someone posting a lockdown trigger no load runtime of 15 minutes with a 24V batt.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                  price is still the 119 as it always has been, but it has a yellow sticker, I am guessing it must have a new and improved model coming out.

The caulk gun works awesome for putting down construction adhesive while doing decking... but we had the same problem, blew it out the back and through the gears... what a mess. Its still in pieces and havent put it back together... hope they redesign it or something... hope they dont just toss the idea. Somepeople think its worthless, but for some jobs it is a hand and forearm saver!
                  Yeah, I know I used my fingers to dig the glue out and a cloth to clean it before it set up. I suggest you take it to a service center and ask for it to be repaired under the 3 year warranty. Only providing the small plunger is definately a product defect. When I talked with Ridgid customer service the lady agreed with me that the product should have a larger diameter plunger plate for the big tubes. She talked with engineering and they told her a fix was in the works but didn't know when......takes a long time to get it here from China!
                  Anyway maybe if you took it to a repair center it would put some pressure on a fix.....good luck....Ray

Comment

Working...
                  X