X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• charger

hello can anybody tell me if I can use my charger that came with my 18v nicad set to charge an 18v li-ion battery. thanks

Re: charger

yes you can even though it isn't listed as a compatable battery on the charger.

Comment

Originally posted by rickiricki View Post
      hello can anybody tell me if I can use my charger that came with my 18v nicad set to charge an 18v li-ion battery. thanks
      I've tried it a couple of times on our MaxTwin chargers however they acted so skitzoid with the fan and charger cycling on and off and with the lights flashing that I didn't like it and have decided to stay with the "official" 18V LI chargers.

Comment

On that same subject. I was recently offered some of the 24v tools (no charger) but I'm currently running all 18v. Will the 18v NiCad charger work on the 24v batteries?

Thanks in advance for any advice~
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLittleHandyman View Post
          On that same subject. I was recently offered some of the 24v tools (no charger) but I'm currently running all 18v. Will the 18v NiCad charger work on the 24v batteries?

Thanks in advance for any advice~
          NO....The 24V LI batteries and charger are unique unto themselves. The 24V LI batteries can only be charged in the 24V LI charger. I believe the 24V LI charger is a fairly cheap buy on EBay.

Comment

Working...
          X