X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12" sliding miter saw

I have used the 12" sliding miter saw (MS1290LZ) for 4 years now. I have used it for decks and trimming homes. The table seized up and I couldn't get it to turn. After taking it apart and attempting to lube it and free it, I broke the table and base assembly. The saw works great, but it is useless until I find parts to fix it. I went to Ridgids parts dept. and found out that the two parts would cost more then buying a new one. My question is does any one out there have these parts that they want to sell? If I find no one has the parts the next question will be does any one need the remaining parts of the saw? Please help! I love this saw, but if no parts are availible I will buy a new one. Thanks to any one willing to help, Polo

Re: 12" sliding miter saw

Sorry to hear about your saw. Wish I could help you out. Maybe you'll have to keep it as a parts saw for the new one. But I'm curious as to what you think caused the table to seize up.

Comment

I thought my table was starting to seize up one time. Turns out
      it was just an accumulation of wood chunks from small cut offs under the table wedging the table to the cart top I had the saw mounted to.

I just unbolted the saw and cleaned out the small chunks and
      it took care of he problem.

Can the table base assembly be welded, or metal stitched.

Comment

How the hell do you break a saw base?

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
          How the hell do you break a saw base?
          The Ridgid miter saw is pretty darn tough to break during a typical routine cleanup or disassembly. Did you drop it? My wife managed to get the dust bag of my fifteen year old craftsman mitersaw caught on the garage door and watched as the saw was lifted about 4 feet before crashing down on the concrete floor splitting in two pieces (motor & base). It became an excellent excuse for me to buy a new miter saw the next day.

Comment

reconx, could you please send your wife over to my shop. I have a POS Craftsman miter saw that I need her to destroy for me.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I had to "turn on" the concerned look when she told me the terrible news about my saw because I knew the motor bearings were squealing and the electric brake was gone. I was more concerned about the concrete floor and whether anyone got hurt. That "contractor" saw weighed a ton because of the cast metal (iron?) base. I did think about the potential use of the saw because I plugged it in and held it like a chainsaw with no safety devices. I got rid of it before anyone got hurt with it.

ps: one nice thing about craftsman was the ability to buy a new base and motor assembly off their website but the cost/time factor was not appealing versus a new saw
              Last edited by reConx; 04-12-2008, 10:28 AM.

Comment

hey, what brand is the product? maybe there is a warranty on the product. just some small things to keep in mind.

Comment

Working...
                X