X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extending the rip capacity of the TS3650

Hello, Newbie here! I think I am about to take the plunge on the TS3660. I have read so much good about this saw, and think it would be a great upgrade from my Ryobi BT3100. In looking at the saw and the fence rail design, it looks like the rails could be mounted in such a way as to increase the ripping capacity to 48 inches. Obviously I would need to add a new measuring tape and would loose the left ripping capacity. But, I never use the fence on the left side of the blade. Will this work? Has anyone tried it? Would I need to make support legs for the rails if they were just shifted over 10 or 12 inches? Thanks!

Re: extending the rip capacity of the TS3650

I think that support legs would definately be needed and possibly another spacer bar too.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I've done it with other saws but never a 3650. It was a fairly simple move with a Biese type fence...can't imagine it'd be too hard with the Ridgid fence. I'd definitely support those rails. It's likely you'll never need to rip on the left side with a left tilt saw...

Comment

looks like you could just slide the rails down as far as you want. you would need some sort of support to keep them level since you may loose the support of one or more of the bolts but shouldnt be a big deal

Comment

Working...
        X