X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 volt Lithium Ion

Wondering if anyone knows if you can puchase just the batteries and the charger in Lithium Ion 18 volt?

Re: 18 volt Lithium Ion

Originally posted by scoso View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows if you can puchase just the batteries and the charger in Lithium Ion 18 volt?
    Scoso,

Welcome to the forum. The 18 volt lithium batteries are pretty plentiful at the local HDs - at least in my area. However, I haven't seen the newer LI charger outside of the combo kits as of yet. There has been requests for chargers in some of the other threads, but the individual chargers haven't made it to the HD shelves as of yet. Have seen them on ebay though.

Comment

Buying two of the one battery drill kits, or one of the two battery drill kits is probably still a better deal than buying the drill and charger separately. I would assume that you would end up with at least one free drill in either case. Two battery 1.5 compact drill kit in Canada is currently $229 plus taxes = $258.77 , and there was a gift card promo last week which would have got you back $30 bucks on the gift card for a net cost of $228.77. Or, you buy two one battery kits for $258 plus tax = $291.54 and sell off the extra drill and charger for $50 leaving $241.54 less the $30 gift card = $211.54 net. Two batteries and a charger have gotta be close to that, although these are the 1.5. Regardless, nice little drill to go along with your big drill. I didn't plan on keeping one, but what a nice drill.

Wait for another deal..........
      I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by scoso View Post
        Lots of both on Ebay

Comment

HD's got the 3.0 ah 18 volt batteries for $99, I just scored one on Ebay for $50, got it today.

Comment

The R840091 18Volt NiCad & Lithium battery charger was recently made available for $50 at HD here. You're better off buying the R86006 drill kit for $69 instead while they are still available.

Comment

Working...
            X