X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Warranty for Online Purchases

Does anyone know if the Ridgid Lifetime Warranty covers the purchase of (new) tools online? How can I register for the warranty without the UPC code, and/or a big box (ie., Home Depot) sales slip?

Thanks,

Will

Re: Ridgid Warranty for Online Purchases

The UPC code is on the box that the tool comes in, so you'll have no problem with that. As far as a receipt for the purchase goes, just make a copy of the checkout page when you place your order and use that as your purchase receipt.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Unfortunately, the items were combined from 2 separate purchases (same seller) on e-bay. They came in 2 separate plastic baggies, with manuals and accessories, combined in a large plain box. No Ridgid boxes, and therefore no UPCs.

Tried them out, and they seem to be in perfect brand new condition, so I'm satisfied with the tools. Contacted the seller to ask for UPC codes, but no reply yet.

Do you know if Ridgid has a method for dealing with this situation? I have 4 other tools in the 24V xLi line, and all are registered in my e-toolbox.

Hopefully the seller still has the boxes and just took the tools out to save space in the big box he sent them in.

Any advice would be welcome...

Will

Comment

Will,

I hate to have to tell you this, but if you bought it from EBay or other similar online source, you're the "second owner" and there is no warranty coverage and you do NOT get the LLSA.

This is a rather unfortunate situation, that has come up many times. The only "authorized" distributor/retail outlet that I am aware of, is Home Depot. In order to register your tool, you must have the original UPC from the carton and you must be able to send a copy of the receipt. While your online purchase will probably provide you with receipt, it's not going to be from and "authorized" retailer. Chances are, you probably won't be able to get the proper UPC as most likely you particular tool may well have been a part of a "combo" that the original owner/seller purchased and then broke up.

There seems to be an over abundance of Ridgid-brand tools on the E-bay market. While I can understand a customer buying a combo and then selling a particular tool that he/she doesn't want; I find it disconcerting that there seems to be a great quantity of these tools. It's almost like a black-market and I wonder why Home Depot and/or Ridgid doesn't take steps to investigate the sources of these tools.

But, the bottom line is that, generally speaking, the E-bay retailer purchased these tools from Home Depot (or other source), and is now selling them. While they may not be used in any way, they are previously owned and are being resold online. No box, no UPC code, no warranty, and certainly no LLSA. If there is anyone with experience to the contrary, please post!

CWS

Comment

As usual, the forum gets it right. The LSA is for the original owner, so many of those eBay sales wouldn't qualify. While Home Depot is certainly an authorized sales outlet, the LSA covers purchases from any of our distributors. You can find those on the Where To Buy section of RIDGID.com.

CW, we do watch eBay and when something seems fishy we have means to investigate. It is tough though as those items go up and down so quickly. We certainly would not encourage the emergence of a true black market. Just wanted to acknowledge the comment...

Comment

Probrand,

Would the owner of the tool have the 3 year warranty based on the "build date" of the tool? I understand that they are not eligible for the LLSA because of they are not the original purchaser and all, so, is the warranty void also?

Comment

Originally posted by Spinalzo View Post
              Probrand,

Would the owner of the tool have the 3 year warranty based on the "build date" of the tool? I understand that they are not eligible for the LLSA because of they are not the original purchaser and all, so, is the warranty void also?
              It states right in the written warranty that the warranty starts from the date of purchase. It also states that the warranty is only valid for the original purchaser.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

My thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond...

I figured as much. Was just hoping for a miracle .

Thanks, again, everyone.

Will

Comment

Probrand,

Thanks for response on the E-Bay stuff. It's good to know that you folks keep an eye on such things. I took a look at the Ridgid tools listed on E-Bay for the first time last fall and was astounded by both the number and really low prices that were posted. Some of the items were so low in price that it was a wonder whether it was worth the seller's trouble to even list them.

No thanks, I much prefer to buy my tools new. In my mind, going through normal retail channels where I have service is well worth it.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X