X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would this battery fit this drill?!

Hey guys, don't come over this end of the forum much but...

I currently own this impact gun...

http://www.makitafactoryoutlet.com/%...5CBTD142HW.asp

Sorry Ridgid, just heard too many problems about your cordless items.

I want this...

http://www.cpomakita.com/cordless_to...ls/bhp451.html

Would all these batteries be inter-changeable?

I don't really understand all these new battery numbers and all.

Thanks guys.

Btw- It seems the impact driver has 1.5 A.H. batteries, while the hammer drill comes with 3.0 A.H. batteries.
    Last edited by Aaron91; 04-15-2008, 10:37 PM.
    Proud To Be Union!!

Re: Would this battery fit this drill?!

If you look at the link that you posted for the impact gun it has a line second from the bottom ...
    Accepts all Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries

I would say it should fit. Also the impacts that come in the kits use the 3 AH batteries

Comment

The answer is an unqualified YES. I have played with the batteries on the all of these drills and have interchanged them. I sometimes will use the display models to assembly displays in the tool corral, so I know they will work.
      sigpicSeldom Wrong, BUT Never in Doubt

Comment

If you check the specs for this tool it shows both 1.5 and 3.0 Amp Hr Li-Ion batteries. As long as you stick to genuine Makita batteries of the current Li-Ion type you should be OK.

Click this link and then click the specs tab. You'll see where both batteries are listed for the tool.
        http://www.makita.com/menu.php?pg=pr...t&tag=BTD142HW
        Last edited by Woussko; 04-16-2008, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys.
          Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

They are NOT entirely interchangeable. The white Makita tools will take either 3.0 or 1.5ah batteries. However the blue line will only take 3.0ah batteries even though some of them like the impact driver are the very same tool except for the color. The batteries are in fact compatible still. You will need to file off a small square tab on one of the slide rails on the tool side so the compact batteries slide in. That's what I did with my blue Makita tools and use the 1.5h batteries with them all the time. Unless Makita has changed this practice very recently that is the case. They market the blue line as the top of the line and they want to keep the small batteries as part of the economy line so they make them "incompatible" on the blue tools.

Comment

This gets asked fairly often so I took some pics to show the difference. Note the picture with the three tools. The one to the right has the small square tab, the white in the middle doesn't and the one on the left has it clipped off. Then see the pic with the two batteries where the top of the rail is removed on the 3.0ah battery to clear the tab and allow for the battery to slide in on the blue tool. The 1.5ah battery has the rail going all the way up so it will not fit the blue tool.
              Attached Files

Comment

Lol, if only you would of posted that alil while ago. I just got back from Home Depot and bought the drill.

You are right Velosapien, but what I'm going to do is just buy another 3.0 A.H. battery, due to fact that the 3.0 A.H. battery will fit the impact driver and drill.

Does the 3.0 A.H. battery offer longer run time? If not, what's the difference?

It's nice having my impact driver, drill, charger, and 3 batteries(gonna order an extra) all fit nicely in one case.

I wish there would of been a 'bit compartment' in the drill case but there was not, sorta let down by that.
                Last edited by Aaron91; 04-16-2008, 08:36 PM.
                Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Originally posted by Velosapien View Post
                  This gets asked fairly often so I took some pics to show the difference. Note the picture with the three tools. The one to the right has the small square tab, the white in the middle doesn't and the one on the left has it clipped off. Then see the pic with the two batteries where the top of the rail is removed on the 3.0ah battery to clear the tab and allow for the battery to slide in on the blue tool. The 1.5ah battery has the rail going all the way up so it will not fit the blue tool.
                  Velosapien, The attached pictures plus magnifier were great. I got the Blue-green Makita 7pc LXT700 and my hammer drill, flashlight and impact were the only tools that did not have the tab. Thats a neat discovery if I find some 1.5's marked down.

Comment

You mean yours came without the tab block for the batteries on those three tools? They must have changed it recently. Those three were actually the tools I modified and removed the block from. I didn't bother removing it from the circular saw, grinder or reciprocating saw since those would drain the 1.5ah batteries faster than you can get the tool to the workpiece. Looks like makita had the same idea according to what you're saying.

Aaron, the 3.0ah batteries will run about exactly double that of the 1.5ah ones.

Comment

Thanks Velosapien, is that pretty much the only difference between them?
                      Proud To Be Union!!

Comment

Yep pretty much. The compact batteries use smaller cells inside to cut down weight and make the battery smaller, thats about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X