Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Unable to square the blade to the miter track. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unable to square the blade to the miter track.

    I haven’t been able to set the blade parallel to the track.
    Thinking maybe the factory saw blade may have some isseues and the dial indicator I was using was too sensitive (0.0005), I installed a new (Freud ) saw blade and purchased a new dial indicator (0.001). and still the back of the saw blade is off by .007 towards the fence and adjustment on the lever is maxed out.
    Is there a fix for this or this is the best it gets?
    Thanks
    Last edited by rom57; 04-17-2008, 01:06 AM.

  • #2
    Re: Unable to square the blade to the miter track.

    Try loosening the nut that secures the adjustment lever. Once the lever is loose, move the lever back to the center position and retighten the nut. This should give you the ability for some additional adjustment.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Unable to square the blade to the miter track.

      Thanks BadgerDave
      I’ve tried that. The problem is the lever can only move the trunnions as far as the bolt holes allow.
      So apparently I got one of those that can’t be aligned. I’ve spend 6 hours putting the saw together and total of 15 hours trying to get this junk aligned.
      Good thing they there’s a 90-day return policy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Unable to square the blade to the miter track.

        Did you loosen all six trunnion bolts and try to get it close before using the lever?. If not, you will probably have to move the front over enough to let the lever do its job.

        Go
        Practicing at practical wood working

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Unable to square the blade to the miter track.

          Had to take all 6 bolts and washers out completely.
          Removed both trunnions and run a 600-grid sandpaper to smooth out the top and bottom of the trunnions so they could glide easier.
          Also replaced all washers. The ones in there had been tightened way too much and were bulging, which reduced the side-to-side movement.
          Replaced the middle front washer with an over sized washer which I cut off one side of it flat. That gave me room to move the trunnions vertically and reposition them. Then realigned everything to within 0.001.......

          Comment

          Working...
          X