Ridgid Tile Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Tile Saw

Now that its been out for a while, give me the entire scoop on this. Blade alignments, laser light, water pan size, bushing, bearings, brushes, mobility, more, more, more.... I want to know how well it works, like the water pan for instance , does it catch majority of the water, should it have been bigger or just wider, and so forth. Do the bearings fall apart, are the wheels to tiny????

I want experienced tile users opinion, not opinions from reading. I have done my home work and now its time to talk with the real Ridgid owners.

C3 has me leaning towards this saw, but theres Falkner, MK, Dewalt, and probably the best is Target. But really pricey for that one. I'm looking for the price range of a grand.

So I want to hear the pros and cons on your saw, and if you can do a comparison from another brand, that would be wonderful. As I said before, I'm looking for experienced users, not opinion only.... Thanks all, this may have sounded a little attitude/cocky, but I'm after something for my money's worth...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Ridgid Tile Saw

So I guess, other then C3, no one else here owns this saw...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

garager,

Head over to John Bridges Tile Forum.

They've got a multi page thread reviewing this particular saw & it's only professional Tile Contractors, who tile thousands upon thousands of sq ft for a living, talking about it.

Last few pages of the thread devolve into a flame war on different brands of saws, but the first few pages have some good insight on the RIDGID saw.

Also I think you meant to say there's Felker, when mentioning different brands, as there is no "Falkner" tile saw.

Oh! Felker tile saws are excellent saws BTW. I've owned their TM-75 for a few years now & that's the little saw that could.

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post
        So I guess, other then C3, no one else here owns this saw...
        Garager,
        I look forward to reading your comments about whatever tile saw you end up with (hopefully Ridgid because of the availability, warranty, and it looks like it has all the features needed in a great saw). I did find an old thread from a couple months ago discussing the Ridgid Tile Saw: Ridgid Wet Saw...check it out because there are some members here that have one.
        Last edited by reConx; 04-19-2008, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Yep, I already read the John Bridges forum on the subject, the bearings have me a little concerned, w/the Ridgid. I was having a brain fart or something, your right it is the Felker, thank you.

If I could just get a little bit of a deal on the Ridgid, I wouldn't be hesitating. The Dewalt has the plunge cut capabilities, and catches the water better. Not like I would ever bring it inside a occupied home.

You can guarantee me doing a write up on the saw, I just have to decide, I'm sure I will, but I'm always mad at HD for one reason to another for the past year to a year and a half.

Comment

I have the Ridgid tile saw. I bought it a couple months ago and was hoping to get some money off with the new tool promotion but it doesn't apply to the tile saw. I'm just a DIY'er but I really like this saw and I'm not easily impressed. I have had a Felker FTS-150, (overpriced for the quality), and still have a TM-75. I am tiling my bathroom now so I have the Ridgid in the garage and the TM-75 in the bathroom for minor trimming. I liked the Ridgid so much I would have sold the 75 (never used it till this bathroom job) but decided not to so I didn't have to go to the garage for small cuts. I have a Hot Dog porcelain blade on the 75 and a Dewalt porcelain blade on the Ridgid. The Ridgid cuts through like butter but the 75 feels like the tile is much much harder. The slide on the Ridgid is awesome and well designed. The Felker's are plastic rollers on a polished shaft and is not nearly as smooth and stable as the Ridgid. The Ridgid plunge cuts and miters. The extension tray works well, there is a small spot of water on the floor from where I think the water drips between the pan and the extension tray. As far as alignment goes, I am a machinist so I checked a cut tile with dial calipers and it was out only .006 over 12". The 2 things I don't like about the Ridgid is the stand doesn't let you store the saw standing up and there is not enough water at the cut. I mounted mine to a Delta miter saw stand I had and it works out great. I know no one is going to want to go out and spend another $150 for a stand but it just worked out that way for me. I also customized a water line with a product called Loc-Line we use in the shop. I know the John Bridge pros are great guys and know their stuff but I bought the FTS-150 because of what I read there and was disappointed. I think if the Ridgid were yellow and had the Felker name on it, they couldn't say enough great things about it.

Comment

I too am looking at getting this saw. I have a few other wet saws, and the Felker is a tank. It works fine for the little jobs perfectly though. The other one I have is a Q-Pro, and I paid nearly 800 bucks for it 2 years ago.... I hate it. It was great for about 4-5 months, and then broke, and it was replaced. Again, in 4-5 months, this one still worked, but the guide sucks, plastic rollers on a metal shaft.... I still have it, and am thinking of dumping it for ~350 so i can use that money to buy the Ridgid. If this saw would have been out then, I would have bought it hands down!

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjunkie View Post
                I have the Ridgid tile saw. I bought it a couple months ago and was hoping to get some money off with the new tool promotion but it doesn't apply to the tile saw. I'm just a DIY'er but I really like this saw and I'm not easily impressed. I have had a Felker FTS-150, (overpriced for the quality), and still have a TM-75. I am tiling my bathroom now so I have the Ridgid in the garage and the TM-75 in the bathroom for minor trimming. I liked the Ridgid so much I would have sold the 75 (never used it till this bathroom job) but decided not to so I didn't have to go to the garage for small cuts. I have a Hot Dog porcelain blade on the 75 and a Dewalt porcelain blade on the Ridgid. The Ridgid cuts through like butter but the 75 feels like the tile is much much harder. The slide on the Ridgid is awesome and well designed. The Felker's are plastic rollers on a polished shaft and is not nearly as smooth and stable as the Ridgid. The Ridgid plunge cuts and miters. The extension tray works well, there is a small spot of water on the floor from where I think the water drips between the pan and the extension tray. As far as alignment goes, I am a machinist so I checked a cut tile with dial calipers and it was out only .006 over 12". The 2 things I don't like about the Ridgid is the stand doesn't let you store the saw standing up and there is not enough water at the cut. I mounted mine to a Delta miter saw stand I had and it works out great. I know no one is going to want to go out and spend another $150 for a stand but it just worked out that way for me. I also customized a water line with a product called Loc-Line we use in the shop. I know the John Bridge pros are great guys and know their stuff but I bought the FTS-150 because of what I read there and was disappointed. I think if the Ridgid were yellow and had the Felker name on it, they couldn't say enough great things about it.
                Nice write up, thanks. I did read in the other forum, that after a period of time the cutting alignment gets off. But everything can be tweaked. Now you mentioned the saw cannot be stored in an uprighted position. Thats something I didn't think of checking, I'm glad you mentioned this. I'll do more research on that situation. Thanks again......

Comment

Ok, I bought the saw today, will probably set it up sometime tomorrow. I'll be putting her through a rigorous test in the next month. One will be a decent size job, with 18", 12", 4" and 1"x1" tiles and stones. So I'll give my full opinion in a month or so. I'll even have something to say, after the set up, I'm sure. I hope Ridgid pulls through with this one. So far I haven't had anything to complain about their tools.

Comment

Not to brag, but I feel like I have to. One of my local HD's is one of the 15 or so that they are closing, bitterweet really. I picked up the tile saw for about 30% off, not bad. Who am I kidding, thats awesome. I never thought I could justify the $700 price tag but hey $480, thats totally different!

Comment

Working...
                    X