X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this jointer?

Looking for any information on this jointer. Have an opportunity to purchase one in "almost new" condition for $180. All I know is it's 6". No model number was given from the seller.

TIA
    Kevin
    Attached Files
    Just getting started...

Re: Can anyone identify this jointer?

Looks like a Ridgid ...

Not sure of the exact model but it would be more than 4 years old before the colour change from gray to orange.

It looks like it is in great shape, for $180 I would definitely buy it, an enclosed stand in a delta would be over $500

Comment

Looks like it's a JP0600 Emerson made RIDGID jointer. That would mean that it was made prior to Sept. of 03 but that shouldn't be looked at as a minus. That base should make it more stable than the current RIDGID offering.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
        Looks like a Ridgid ...
        No, really? What gave it away?!

Comment

I concur with BadgerDave, it does appear to be the JP0600. I have an uncle who had one (before he drove into it - don't ask). A very functional unit - only slight drawback is that it is a bit top-heavy. However, if you put a bolt or two (couple of big Tapcons, maybe) through the feet of the base into the floor to secure it, you're set. I've seen these go only as cheap as about $150 on eBay, but then you have to add shipping and everything else to that. For $180, if it's in great condition, that's a bargain.

Comment

Working...
          X