R842301 18V Impact? Obselete model?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: R842301 18V Impact? Obselete model?

CS said NO, and I talked to a female supervisor"head" of the warranty program, who was less than friendly . Ridgid batteries cost more than others , are not as competitive compared to others , [who even sells an 18v , 1.3aH battery anymore except cheap tool lines like HFT]to my other tools and only have a 3 yr warranty. Milwaukee has 5yr. for example. I will not buy anymore Ridgid cordless unless it is in a kit form for that reason.
    Call CS if you want to prove it for your self.
    Last edited by Andrew M.; 04-27-2008, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Wagon Man, the R842301 18 volt impact is an excellent tool. Best impact that Ridgid makes, IMO. Performance is best out of all of them.

And no, a separately purchased battery is not registerable for the LLSA. It only has a 3-year warranty applicable to it.

Comment

Thanks! Good to know. Looks like I'm all settled on drills and impact now

Next up: may be the Ridgid Planner...

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        Wagon Man, the R842301 18 volt impact is an excellent tool. Best impact that Ridgid makes, IMO. Performance is best out of all of them.

And no, a separately purchased battery is not registerable for the LLSA. It only has a 3-year warranty applicable to it.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
          I'll bet the Service Centers really love dealing with that Catch 22 scenario.
          Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
          ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Yep, the word is that they will only warrant batteries that are purchased as part of a combo kit, not the individual batteries purchases.

Comment

Working...
            X