Power Washer accessories: interesting sighting in HD today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Washer accessories: interesting sighting in HD today

Not long ago HD had a clearance sale on (almost) all Dewalt accessories for 50% or more discount... I recall reading some posts about HD would no longer carry Dewalt PW hence clearing out the space for Ridgid PW...

Today I noted that they are stock piling the Dewalt accessories again, the Water Bloom, the Gun are both back to $50 , the 50ft extension hose is back to $80.

No doubt that many of us have scored the Bloom for $19, the Gun for $24 and the 50ft hose for $35...

Did HD change their mind on DeWalt line of PW? Regardless, the clearance "exercise" was good for us consumers no doubt!

Happy shopping!

Re: Power Washer accessories: interesting sighting in HD today

This is a disturbing trend that Im noticing around my local HDs lately as well.

I actually picked up the DW rotary nozzle still on clearance for 25 bux. They had 4 of them. One week later the 3 I didnt buy were back to full price (50 bux). Same for the water broom and extension wand (I didnt get the hose, didnt see any of them on clearance......basically got everything BUT the hose)

The Senco 3 piece nailer kit.......99.00 one day, 199 the next. "New sku" they say, exact same product.

My most recent experience: I found 3 of the HercULift Plus still in stock. Price? After it took them 10 minutes to figure out why it wouldnt come up in the computer, they decided to sell it at retail.....$169.00. I told them they've been on clearance for over a year but they wouldnt budge. I wished them luck selling them at full price.

Friend of mine went to get the last R9223 kit (5 piece 18V NiCD), it was 299 when I found it for him. He went (literally) the next day and it was back to 499. We all know how long was it on clearance for 299, then when they had 1 left (which the stock computer didnt even show) it was back to full price. My friend argued with them and they did their magic "lowest sold price" lookup and gave it to him for the 299.

I guess if we try to complain about it, we really cant considering they control their pricing. It is just bothersome because we knew what the clearance prices were for these now full priced items (which are exactly the same as the clearanced items).

-Chris

Comment

I bought the DeWalt gun just about 2~3 wks ago.. I didn;t buy it when I bought the other stufff. Then one day I went to the other HD near my work place, saw the last one on the shelves ... then decided to buy it anyway.

I recall there were 2~3 guys standing in front of the PW accessories talking & looked puzzled .... then another HD guy walked by and kindda teasing them something like "re-inventory" and something like "you forgot to Do It Right The First Time ? "...

I suspect someone made a wrong decison to put them as "clearance" .. but interesting is.. that's "mistake" is nationwide..

Comment

Not trying to be a conspiracy theorist, but I actually think HDs intention was to clearance some of this stuff, then change the price back eventually.

I can understand if something shows up in different packaging, etc. But they literally seem to be clearancing a small quantity of an item and holding the rest for one day when they decide to bring it back to full price. Then all of a sudden they are back in stock but at full price.

More and more Im beginning to like Lowes better! I do like Ridgid tools though, basically the only reason I go to HD anymore is to wander around the tools.

-Chris

Comment

i went a couple weeks ago when it was posted here. nothing was marked down, and i didn't bother asking. they can't even get the prices right when it is marked on the shelf.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            i went a couple weeks ago when it was posted here. nothing was marked down, and i didn't bother asking. they can't even get the prices right when it is marked on the shelf.

rick.
            Yeah most stuff now I actually go to a cashier first and ask for a price check on the SKU. Would like to find the SKU of the HercULift+ so I can ask around and find out what the current price *should* be.....unless they all of a sudden got UNclearanced, like the pressure washer stuff, they shouldnt be anywhere near the $169 I was told yesterday.

-Chris

Comment

I went to the other HD store I usually go, they still are empty on DeWalt PW (nor DW acceessories) on the floor. Nada.

Weird, one store is re-stocking DeWalt PW stuffs, the other store has none

Comment

Working...
              X