X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TS3650 owner and a question

I got a TS350 for my birthday. This saw was an upgrade from a Ryobi BT3100. The Ridgid is so much better! I love the large cast iron table, and I like the miter gauge much better than the sliding miter table the Ryobi had. The legs were a bit wobbley on mind, but after adding some angle iron to the bottom of the legs, the saw is very stabe. I do have one question though. when I turn on the saw the motor seem to jump a bit. Is that normal? Everything looks to be in alignment and the belt seems to be tensioned right. I started the saw with the belt off, and the motor did the same thing. Is it just a jolt because of the power of the motor? Once it is running, it is smooth.

Re: New TS3650 owner and a question

I've had mine for over a year now and it has a slight jump at start up but it passes the nickel test as mentioned by others on the forum. (put a nickel on edge on the top of you table and start the motor, if the nickel doesn't fall due to vibration and what not its doing alright). How big of a jump are you talking about?

Comment

Re: New TS3650 owner and a question

Some jump on startup is to be expected. It is only under weight and spring tension, and the torque involved in getting all that mass (the motor is heavy) spinning is quite a bit. As long as it smooths out, everything should be fine.
      If it still vibrates, make sure that all the rubber pads on all the legs are firmly on the floor. I have an uneven garage floor, so when I move it I give the table a good shake until it sets all the legs firm. If it won't get "solid", I either move the saw or adjust the pads. This eliminates almost all the vibration on mine. If I beefed up legs like you have, it would probably eliminate all of it, but what little there is causes me no problems.

Go
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Working...
      X