X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manual for 17" Craftsman drill press

I just purchased a very nice used craftsman 17" drill press model # 113.23870. It was made for Sears by Rigid. The date I have on what diagrams I could find is 1984. I'm looking for an owners manual for the care and feeding of this beast. Anyone out there know where I might find one or a clue as to where to look? It would be good if I could at lease get the specs. for replacement parts. The Sears parts direct and the Rigid sites say that they are discontinued. Search on the web has turned up nothing. Thanks, Tom

Re: manual for 17" Craftsman drill press

Check out these, maybe one is close

Comment

Thanks Wayne. I had already checked OWW's website. I did find some cool old manuals there though. The closest I have found to date is one for a 17" 3/4 hp mod. 113.213873 through Sears Parts direct. Mine is also a 17" 3/4 hp mod. #113.213870. Thanks again, Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tom L View Post
        Mine is also a 17" 3/4 hp mod. #113.213870. Thanks again, Tom
        I noticed your drill press is the same model that I picked up a few days ago. I need to find a parts list for it. Not to buy parts, but to see how it is assembled and how the original wiring was done. I am familiar with many different makes and models and especially the older ones, but I have some queries as to how this one was actually intended. I am a master mechanic so working on a mechanical piece is no problem. What has me is that I see a nut with what appears to be a straight blade screwdriver adjuster in the center, but it is the spot you would expect a quill lock. It may not be a q-lock, but it will only turn an eighth of a turn. Do you know any sources for the book? Additionally, the hardware that secures the spindle pulley stack seems stuck. I presume a normal procedure and I have the correct wrench. Before I go to the procedures needed to remove an apparently frozen nut I would love to see if there is something I am overlooking. If you can provide any help, send me an email (Cojon in member list) or perhaps we need to begin a new thread--Thanks

Comment

sears parts, for the 113.213870 parts break downs
          http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part...ber=113.213870
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by cojon View Post
            I noticed your drill press is the same model that I picked up a few days ago. I need to find a parts list for it. Not to buy parts, but to see how it is assembled and how the original wiring was done. I am familiar with many different makes and models and especially the older ones, but I have some queries as to how this one was actually intended. I am a master mechanic so working on a mechanical piece is no problem. What has me is that I see a nut with what appears to be a straight blade screwdriver adjuster in the center, but it is the spot you would expect a quill lock. It may not be a q-lock, but it will only turn an eighth of a turn. Do you know any sources for the book? Additionally, the hardware that secures the spindle pulley stack seems stuck. I presume a normal procedure and I have the correct wrench. Before I go to the procedures needed to remove an apparently frozen nut I would love to see if there is something I am overlooking. If you can provide any help, send me an email (Cojon in member list) or perhaps we need to begin a new thread--Thanks
            Any luck with the manual or spindal / driven pulley removal?

Comment

Working...
            X