X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Miter Saw Stand -AC9944

I just bought one of these last week at HD for my Makita LS1013. Mounted just fine easy assembly at an unbeatable 99 dollars.

That said I'm scared to death that if I store the thing upright the mount mechanism that clamps to the stand will fail and the saw will crash to the floor.

Has anyone had experience with the 9444 or 9440 that can chime in regarding susceptibility to failure on the mounts etc. Mine grips great, but I'm curious as to how robust the mechanism is. The Ls1013 isn't very lite (about 40 some odd lbs).

Anyone know if Ridgid guarantees the saw if the mounts fail? Didn't see this in the manual.

At the moment for long term storage I'll probably just disconnect and store as usual and only assemble when I need it.

Later,

Pavlo

Re: Ridgid Miter Saw Stand -AC9944

I doubt very much if Ridgid would guarantee to repair/replace your miter saw if it became disloged off the MSUV while not in use. It is after all a miter saw utility vehicle not a miter saw storage system.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If your worried, lay it down for storage instead. I know, thats not the way you wanna store it....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I have the Ridgid Sliding Miter Saw which is much heavier than your 40lbs or so Mikita and have stored it on the side for weeks at a time when it's not being used. Haven't had a problem yet, I'll let you know though.

Comment

No one can guarantee the mount can never fail so if it's going to worry you then don't store it upright. But I can tell you it holds my 70 lb Ridgid just fine. If you do store it upright, before folding position the saw over the wheels to keep the center of gravity low for more stability.

Comment

I have a Ridgid 12" slider on a AC9940.
            You do have to make sure it is fully latched and locked before it is
            put in the collapsed upright position or it will swing out.
            Ive had my 9940 for several years now I did have that happen one
            time, didn't loose the saw, but it scared the bajebus out of me.
            I had to re- adjust the latch catch and it never happened again.
            But... I always make sure it is latched and locked before putting it
            in the stored upright position.

It should handle the lighter Makita with no problem.

Comment

I have 10 inch ridgid miter saw on the 9940. I have it bolted on. I have stored it upright for over a year with no problems

Comment

Missed out on the $99 (somehow I thought the price was to 5/30 not 4/30). Seems like an awesome awesome stand.

Why was thing available for $99 so much below the $167? normal retail @ HD since it's a new product?

Anyway, no rush but I'd buy for $99.... anybody think it might go back to $99 sometime in the next 3-4 mos?

Comment

how hard was it to mount your Makita LS1013 to this stand? Been thinking about one myself. Thanks
                  Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

Originally posted by jfacteau View Post
                    how hard was it to mount your Makita LS1013 to this stand? Been thinking about one myself. Thanks
                    Its very ez to install and remove the saw/planer from the mounts. Each corner is bolted through the mounts and tightened (do not over torque). Once the saw and mounts become "ONE" the mounts simply clamp onto the MSUV

FYI: BF special = $99 MSUV............

Comment

The mounts are very adjustable. Mounted my dual bevel 12" DeWalt to it with no issues. Stores nicely in the vertical position.
                      You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

I just bought this ridgid miter saw stand {AC9944} at HD for $99.00, it seemed like a hell of a buy. I have a miter saw and a router table and I wanted to be able to mount both on the saw stand so I tried to order a 2nd set of saw mounting brackets from the Ridgid Dist.. The price I was quoted was $26.00 a piece for the mounting brackets and $13.00 shipping, that's $65.00 for two mounting brackets. I was wondering if anyone might know of a different bracket that would fit the stand or have any ideas on how to mount the router table to the stand without mounting brackets?
                        Thanks,
                        Roger

Comment

Originally posted by Roger Hoots View Post
                          The price I was quoted was $26.00 a piece for the mounting brackets and $13.00 shipping, that's $65.00 for two mounting brackets. I was wondering if anyone might know of a different bracket that would fit the stand or have any ideas on how to mount the router table to the stand without mounting brackets
                          At that shipped price.....you could almost buy another $99 MSUV
                          Without the original brackets you have to make your own mount attached to the msuv with some bolts/clamps. With today's economy a sale might not be too far away for the $99 MSUV.
                          Last edited by reConx; 12-20-2008, 04:31 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
                          X