Clear All

• You Guys are gona love this

New Festool SCMS

http://kapex.festoolusa.com/

Re: You Guys are gona love this

nice,makes me wanna cut stuff

Comment

Thanks. Very cool video. Festool has some great ideas, but they are way too pricey, IMO.
      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Not too shabby, I like the hand tool thats for sure.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Very nice indeed and I love the fact that they took the extra steps to really 'introduce' the saw, and not just post a picture of it with some specs. The only spec that I see missing is the crosscut capacity. Looks limited when compaired to some of the other SCMS products on the market... guess I'd have to keep my RAS

Festool seems to be always out there on the leading edge of innovation. They just don't introduce a competitive product, they seem to spend time analyzing the application and then invent something that meets most of the challenges and then some.

I love the angle finder guage and the twin lasers. The latter appears to take away that haunting concern that "My laser doesn't hit the kerf!"

But of course, one has to ask.... How many $000's are they going to ask for this baby?

CWS
          Last edited by CWSmith; 05-10-2008, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
            Very nice indeed and I love the fact that they took the extra steps to really 'introduce' the saw, and not just post a picture of it with some specs. The only spec that I see missing is the crosscut capacity. Looks limited when compaired to some of the other SCMS products on the market... guess I'd have to keep my RAS

Festool seems to be always out there on the leading edge of innovation. They just don't introduce a competitive product, they seem to spend time analyzing the application and then invent something that meets most of the challenges and then some.

I love the angle finder guage and the twin lasers. The latter appears to take away that haunting concern that "My laser doesn't hit the kerf!"

But of course, one has to ask.... How many $000's are they going to ask for this baby?

CWS
            I'm scared to ask! It is really cool to see a tool stuffed with features that I have never thought of instead of shopping around to see which brand makes the one MISSING the least of the features you want. (I hope that made sense)

Anyone wanna guess the price on this? I'd have to wager in the $1,200 to $1,500 range.

Eli
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

Must.........have...............Kapex...*drool*

anyone wanna donate to the "Sandy Needs a Festool Kapex KS 120" fund???? Please???? I'd be ever so thankful!

My current Delta is in very poor shape and isn't a slider...and doesn't cut a reliable straight or 45 any more. I could REALLY get used to having a Festool in the shop. That green does kind of match orange, right?
              I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I'll say they want 950.00 minimum.
                Last edited by Tyman; 05-10-2008, 01:17 PM.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

For the price of Festool, you can get 3 of these

http://bosch.cpotools.com/saws/miter_saws/4410l.html

Comment

Sandy

Bosch and Makita make some very nice sliding compound miter saws that are more affordable. Maybe all of us forum regulars can pass the hat around and help you get one.

For what it's worth I might get one myself sometime after I figure just which one I really want.
                    Last edited by Woussko; 05-10-2008, 02:41 PM.

Comment

They want $1300 It can be pre-ordered here:

http://www.mcfeelys.com/product/5612...ound-Miter-Saw

http://www.cpofestool.com/products/5...=froogle561287
                      Last edited by Colorado Fatboy; 05-10-2008, 01:52 PM. Reason: Add link

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post

CWS
                        $1300.00

Specs
                        Last edited by Arthur96; 05-10-2008, 03:46 PM. Reason: upload specs

Comment

$1300? In my opinion, it has NO features that justify that price. It is just a 10". For that much money, you can buy a top quality 12", a couple of great blades, a mobile stand and lots of other cool little doodads and still have enough left over to get the wife something nice to make up for spending $1300 without the proper consent.
                          ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by res057 View Post
                            $1300? In my opinion, it has NO features that justify that price. It is just a 10". For that much money, you can buy a top quality 12", a couple of great blades, a mobile stand and lots of other cool little doodads and still have enough left over to get the wife something nice to make up for spending $1300 without the proper consent.
                            $1300!?!?!?!?! American money?!?! Holy.....wow....yeah, not happenin here! It is nifty, I'll give em that. Unlike the Domino, however, it really doesn't do anything different the other guys do. The dual laser is cool...but lining up a MS has never been that problematic. I just pull the blade down and check where it's hitting the piece and cut. I know they'll be selling lots of these things, but there won't be one in this house. Even if I did crown molding for a living I wouldn't be able to justify that much money for a SCMS.
                            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Pricey but a very nice feature set indeed. But I have to say, to put all that engineering thought into a 10" saw is somewhat of a brain fart IMHO. They could have just as easily made it a 12" for even greater capacity. The 50/60 miter range also seems odd design wise. The angle finder tool is a nice touch though if it works well.

As impressive as the specs are I'll be even more impressed when some real world performance reviews are published. If it can't cut accurately it ain't worth diddly squat.

Comment

Working...
                              X