Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: No UPC bar code on the box.

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
    if the tool is registered online, there is no need to mail ridgid a upc code from the box.. i have registered 6 combo kits and a large assortment of power hand tools and have never sent ridgid a upc label. once registered online through your ebox, all they require is a copy of the purchase receipt with the following written on the receipt: purchasers name and address, the words "to complete lsa registration" with an arrow connecting that phrase to the tool description on the receipt, your ebox id # and your email address. don't waste time and effort looking for a upc, start enjoying the saw. besides, if you did send a upc to ridgid and subsequently decided to return the saw to HD, what would they scan to process the return? keep the upc on the box, gives you more flexibilty should you decide to return the saw within 90 days of its purchase.
    Whether you were able to do so or not, that is wrong, according to the LLSA guidelines. It clearly says that you DO need to send in the original UPC. It is wrong to tell others not to.

And if you do need to return it within the 90 days, that's why you always keep a photocopy of all the documents you mail in to Ridgid (including the UPC cut-out).

Comment

If you'll look at your registration card, it shows an example of the UPC label that you must send in. It is in your #1 picture, upper left hand corner.

Comment

I stand by my previous comment. mailing in a upc code is absolutely unnecessary when registering for the LSA online. my understanding has always been that upc code is required when using snail mail and the registraton card for the entire registration process. i have never mailed Ridgid a upc code and all my ridgid tolls are in my ebox showing LSA coverage.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

If you don't have the UPC, Ridgid support is very helpful. I emailed them stating that I had thrown out the box before I tried to register and I no longer had the UPC. They responded saying that if I send in the original receipt with my model number, the serial number and the reference from my support request email that it would be enough to change my warranty to the lifetime. Make a copy of the receipt first of course.

Comment

Working...
          X