X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No UPC bar code on the box.

Typically, you would think that UPC bar code would be on the box.
    But apparently, on this saw TS 3660 there is no UPC bar code on the box.
    There is a small UPC type label on the left side but that's not what the UPC bar codes I've seen look like.
    So, I guess no lifetime warranty ?

Attached Files

Re: No UPC bar code on the box.

I might presume that the UPC label as you describe would be sufficient, but the only sure way to know would be to ask customer service (call the 800 number). Unless of course, Probrand or Josh might know.

The product page on the this web site shows the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement logo, and I imagine it's also printed on the 3660's box too. BTW, it's not a warranty, it's a "Service Agreement" which you have to register for.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

BTW, it's not a warranty, it's a "Service Agreement" which you have to register for.
      Thank you.
      I am aware of this. I tried to register on line and in order to qualify for the lifetime service agreement, I have to send in the UPC barcode (which is not on the box) and a copy of the receipt.
      I have contacted the tech support and the reply was, it’s on the box. Hence, the pictures I have posted.

Comment

the picture on the third box i see in the bottom left box 1 of 2 i believe? is it on the second box or perhaps under the sticky on picture 4

Comment

Where are the pictures of the other two sides of the box? Maybe someone else here who has purchased a 3660 can come forward with the location of the UPC.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Maybe for some stupid reason, its inside the box.....
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

On pictutre 1, on the side towards the left of where it tells about the splitter, is that a barcode affixed to the box?
              BMJinGA - There's no substitute for experience.

Comment

Maybe for some stupid reason, its inside the box.....
                Unfortunately. Not inside of the box. I have even save the plastic bags incase I had to return it.

Where are the pictures of the other two sides of the box? Maybe someone else here who has purchased a 3660 can come forward with the location of the UPC.
                The pictures are for all 4 sides.

On pictutre 1, on the side towards the left of where it tells about the splitter, is that a barcode affixed to the box?

That is a small UPC type label on the left side but that's not what the UPC bar codes I've seen look like.Usually they will match the serial number on the tool.

Thank you all for help.

Attached Files

Comment

Also, not under the box.

Comment

Rom57,

I was at the local HD this afternoon and took a moment to look up on the shelf at the boxes in my store. The only UPC that I can see is that "sticker" that looks like it was pasted to the side (or could be bottom, hard to tell up on the shelves). Obviously it looks like and oversite and they added it after the boxes were printed.

Strange, but I think I'd call again and tell them that "we" looked and the only UPC is on the "sticker".

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I just got back from returning my 3660 to Home Depot. The UPC that they scanned at the customer service desk was on one of the long sides, and near the top left of that side when she was facing it. I'm 99% sure it's the "sticker" that BMJinGA and CWSmith mention, and am pretty sure I didn't see any other UPCs on the box.

Oh - and don't forget to check that the face of your fence is parallel to the table, on both sides, before sending back that UPC.

Comment

Thanks robindone.

Believe me I’ve been tempted to return this saw back more than few times myself due to alignment issues with trunnions and other oversight design issues like when tightening the bevel lock lever, it will throw off the 90 degree alignment every time. And when cranking the bevel adjustment handwheel to 45 degree, you can see the saw housing grinding the inside of the trunnions and see aluminum shavings. Not to mention the saw blade will not drop in far enough to make zero clearance insert. And as far as the fence goes, no it’s not 100% perpendicular to the table.

But that is least of the problems as far as this saw goes.
                        Even though I got this saw new for low price, it’s been hard for me to talk myself into keeping it.
                        And maybe if I didn’t have to rent a truck again, I would have returned it by now.

On the other hand I also have to remind myself that this saw will still provide more punctuality than any portable saw close to the price range and if I want something more accurate with better design than I should have spent the extra 400.00 for the jet hybrid saw.
                        Last edited by rom57; 05-10-2008, 11:03 PM.

Comment

I bought a TS 2410 and returned it for a 2400. The UPC is a sticker put on by HD and was on the end of one box, on the bottom of the other.

Comment

if the tool is registered online, there is no need to mail ridgid a upc code from the box.. i have registered 6 combo kits and a large assortment of power hand tools and have never sent ridgid a upc label. once registered online through your ebox, all they require is a copy of the purchase receipt with the following written on the receipt: purchasers name and address, the words "to complete lsa registration" with an arrow connecting that phrase to the tool description on the receipt, your ebox id # and your email address. don't waste time and effort looking for a upc, start enjoying the saw. besides, if you did send a upc to ridgid and subsequently decided to return the saw to HD, what would they scan to process the return? keep the upc on the box, gives you more flexibilty should you decide to return the saw within 90 days of its purchase.
                            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                              if the tool is registered online, there is no need to mail ridgid a upc code from the box.. i have registered 6 combo kits and a large assortment of power hand tools and have never sent ridgid a upc label. once registered online through your ebox, all they require is a copy of the purchase receipt with the following written on the receipt: purchasers name and address, the words "to complete lsa registration" with an arrow connecting that phrase to the tool description on the receipt, your ebox id # and your email address. don't waste time and effort looking for a upc, start enjoying the saw. besides, if you did send a upc to ridgid and subsequently decided to return the saw to HD, what would they scan to process the return? keep the upc on the box, gives you more flexibilty should you decide to return the saw within 90 days of its purchase.
                              Is it different for bigger tools? My box with UPC got thrown away before I got the UPC off. When I try to register my TS3650 this is what it says.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X