Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Competition For See Snake Micro...

Yup, I knew it would just be a matter of time...

Here is a small, juicy tidbit for all the tool junkies here. Around June 2008, Milwaukee is introducing their version of the inspection camera.

Looks like RIDGID might have to update their unit (or do I see a heavily discounted unit at HD in the near future? Only time will tell.)

Milwaukee Introduces New Digital Inspection Camera
    MILWAUKEE, WI – Milwaukee Electric Tool Corporation introduces a breakthrough in professional inspection technology, the new Digital Inspection Camera. Designed for the professional trades, including plumbers, electricians, HVAC, and MRO professionals, Milwaukee’s Digital Inspection camera significantly enhances productivity by helping professionals quickly and accurately locate and evaluate common jobsite problems.

With advanced digital imaging technology and a 2.5” high-resolution color LCD display, the Digital Inspection Camera provides a crystal clear picture of tough to reach places such as inside pipes, drains and equipment and behind walls. Optimal image quality and control is achieved via an exclusive Image Zoom (2x) feature and LED brightness control. Equipped with a durable, detachable, 3’ water-tight flexible cable and a small camera head, the Digital Inspection Camera fits through holes as small a 3/4” and gets into, under and around tight spaces. An ergonomic handle, comfortable in any orientation, features up-front power and image controls for true one-handed operation. A power saving, auto shut-off feature preserves battery life.

The Digital Inspection Camera is available in 6-volt (Alkaline, model 2300-20) or 12-volt lithium-ion (model 2310-22) configurations. Both models are protected in a durable, impact resistant carrying case. Model 2310-22 includes one, 12-volt lithium ion battery and charger.

Features
    • Digital technology delivers superior image quality
    • Large, 2-1/2”, high-resolution (320 x 240) color LCD display
    • Exclusive adjustable image zoom (2x) and LED brightness control
    • Up-front camera controls for true one-hand operation
    • Rugged, detachable 3’ water-tight flexible shaft (3’ extension cables also available)
    • Small camera head and shaft diameter fit into holes as small as 3/4”
    • Handle designed for comfort in any orientation
    • Available: June 2008 (12-volt, 2310-22); July 2008 (6-volt 2300-20)

Specs
    • 2.5” High-Resolution Color LCD display
    • 0.7” (17mm) camera head diameter
    • Convenient adjustable Image Zoom (2x)
    • LED Brightness (3x) Control
    • 320 x 240 display resolution
    • 3’ expandable flexible cable
    • Waterproof camera and cable design
    • Power saving Auto Shut-Off feature
    • Run time: 8 hours (6-volt), 21 hours (12-volt) of operation
    • Available in 6-volt AA (Alkaline) (2300-20) or 12-volt lithium-ion (2310-22) configurations

# # #
    Phil
    Tools Rule

Re: New Competition For See Snake Micro...

Milwaukee, Ridgid, and Ryobi are all made by the same company and targetted at slightly different people.

Milwaukee is the top brand; best features, better build, and most expensive. Aimed almost exclusively at the profesional. Ryobi is at the bottom of the list, aimed at the DIY/Homeowner, and light use professional, and is the cheapest. Ridgid is somewhere between the two.

TTI try to maintain a distinction between the brands. There is no incentive for Ridgid to improve it's offering to combat Milwaukee. If you want the better option, buy the Milwaukee, the profits will go to the same company.

Comment

Dewalt's coming out with one too. They're exploring the idea of a flash drive and a self leveling head.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

just wait ridgid has one coming out that is nice and did see a prototype

i cant say more or josh will have to hit me on the head
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Ridgid snake is part of Ridge tool (Emerson), not TTI. TTi only makes the Ridgid hand held power tools. Ridgid is a name licensed by THD, not a mfctr. Different companies make Ridgid products. The Ridgid snake and the Milw version are made by different companies.

Comment

I just saw Milwaukee's new digital inspection camera and I must say it will likely give the micro a run for it's money.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

All I want is one that can get through a closet bend, bought the Ridgid not realizing it couldn't...

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                All I want is one that can get through a closet bend, bought the Ridgid not realizing it couldn't...
                A few guys here say they can do it. I keep trying but haven't been successful

Comment

Originally posted by DuckButter View Post
                  The new smaller aluminum head can make the turn without a problem. Check you local suppier for availability.
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    A few guys here say they can do it. I keep trying but haven't been successful
                    i tried 1 time and knew it wasn't worth the risk.

got to the top of the trap, basically made a "u" and couldn't get it to turn down.

i really think the only way to safely accomplish this is with a spring loaded joint between the camera and the push rod.

it would be a real nice feature to have a camera designed for toilets. this is not the one

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      i tried 1 time and knew it wasn't worth the risk.

got to the top of the trap, basically made a "u" and couldn't get it to turn down.

i really think the only way to safely accomplish this is with a spring loaded joint between the camera and the push rod.

it would be a real nice feature to have a camera designed for toilets. this is not the one

rick.
                      Make sure there is a toilet at the Roundup and ill school you on how its done, i do it alot
                      The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                        Make sure there is a toilet at the Roundup and ill school you on how its done, i do it alot
                        greg, i would like to see it happen. i only tried 1 time and quit while i still had a 1pc. camera.

do you get all 3' in?

all the way to the flange

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
                          I got 10 saying it's not going to happen, anyone else?
                          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            I got 10 saying it's not going to happen, anyone else?
                            I'm in for $5

Who's micro we using?

Comment

Does it bother anyone else that the new Milwaukee does NOT have the neat attachments (mirror, magnet, hook, etc) that the SeeSnake Micro has as standard??
                              I get the idea that this tool is meant to just look, but problems found while inspecting need to be handled with other tools. (I can see people duct-taping various items to their M-Spector for this)

I'm thinking that Milwaukee has overlooked this small, but extremely important feature.
                              Phil
                              Tools Rule

Comment

Working...
                              X