X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV Pictures

Here are a couple of pictures of my AC9940 with a Ryobi TS1552DXL 12" CMS on top. I was able to use two of the predrilled holes (either front or back), but had to drill the opposite ones. It is very solid feeling both when it is raised and also when it is in "hand truck" mode.

I'm really looking forward to putting this to use building my next pair of Adirondack chairs. Both because it has long enough stops, and also because I can easily do it outside without worrying about cedar dust in the basement.

Sorry 'bout the photo quality, there isn't particularly good lighting in my basement for picture taking.
    Attached Files

Re: MSUV Pictures

That's the one I have. I put my Ridgid 12" slider on it. Together they way a ton, but it is sturdy. I've had mine for a little over a year now. The only complaint I have with the stand is the spring loaded screw handles on the extensions. I still need to replace the one that broke. Anyone find an alternative for this. If not, I'll give Ridgid CS a call and try to get a new one. I'd hate to lug it to the service center for that one little part.

Comment

There's no need to lug your MSUV to the service center. The MSUV isn't covered under the LSA so all you'll need to bring to the service cener is the part number and your wallet.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        Here are a couple of pictures of my AC9940 with a Ryobi TS1552DXL 12" CMS on top. I was able to use two of the predrilled holes (either front or back), but had to drill the opposite ones. It is very solid feeling both when it is raised and also when it is in "hand truck" mode.

I'm really looking forward to putting this to use building my next pair of Adirondack chairs. Both because it has long enough stops, and also because I can easily do it outside without worrying about cedar dust in the basement.

Sorry 'bout the photo quality, there isn't particularly good lighting in my basement for picture taking.
        Looks like your all set.

I've often thought about building a pair of chairs myself. I guess I should google for some plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogster View Post
          Looks like your all set.

I've often thought about building a pair of chairs myself. I guess I should google for some plans.
          I got Norm Abram's Classics from the NYW from the library. The book chapter has the measured drawings and also a lot of text. I highly recommend it.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Library? You mean use a book? JK

Comment

Is that the MSUV you just bought for $25?...SWEET DEAL!

I have to go see if my Home Depot still has one...I'll report back later

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                There's no need to lug your MSUV to the service center. The MSUV isn't covered under the LSA so all you'll need to bring to the service cener is the part number and your wallet.

Doesn't it carry the 3 year warranty that's shown in the owner's manual? If not, I'll just come up with something less ackward myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogster View Post
                  Thanks for the tip. Library? You mean use a book? JK
                  Yep. And from the library because it is out of print. Not to mention free.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Is that the MSUV you just bought for $25?...SWEET DEAL!

I have to go see if my Home Depot still has one...I'll report back later
                    Yes. The SKU is 206-676, but they'll probably not realize they have it. I called New Rochelle where I bought it a few weeks ago and they said there wasn't any.

The side of the box is black, and you should probably look for a beat up one.

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                      Doesn't it carry the 3 year warranty that's shown in the owner's manual? If not, I'll just come up with something less ackward myself.
                      You're correct of course. It would be covered under the warranty if the problem is a manufacturing defect. I still don't think you'd have to haul the entire MSUV into the service center. The defective part should be sufficient.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by mdm View Post
                        Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                        Yes, I was just looking at the new ones yesterday. I do believe both versions came with a 3 year warranty.

Comment

I like the pix of the miter saw on the MSUV. I just got done unloading my truck with the miter saw and an MSUV. Together they do weigh a ton. I solved that problem by mounting the saw onto some 3/4 inch ply. (1/2 would work too.) Then I put the saw on the stand and secure it with two small c-clamps. When done, I can take the saw off the stand and load each one individually. Since I work alone 99.9 percent of the time I don't have somebody around to give me a hand lifting it up into the truck. Of course, if yours does not venture out of the shop or garage, just bolt 'er on and have at it. The other thing about mounting on ply is you can quick switch out other things from a jointer to a portable planer, even a bench grinder if you want. I've use that system quit a bit and the stand gets used for many, many things other than just a miter saw. Just a thought.
                          Good luck,
                          Jim Don

Comment

Originally posted by JimDon View Post
                            I like the pix of the miter saw on the MSUV. I just got done unloading my truck with the miter saw and an MSUV. Together they do weigh a ton. I solved that problem by mounting the saw onto some 3/4 inch ply. (1/2 would work too.) Then I put the saw on the stand and secure it with two small c-clamps. When done, I can take the saw off the stand and load each one individually. Since I work alone 99.9 percent of the time I don't have somebody around to give me a hand lifting it up into the truck. Of course, if yours does not venture out of the shop or garage, just bolt 'er on and have at it. The other thing about mounting on ply is you can quick switch out other things from a jointer to a portable planer, even a bench grinder if you want. I've use that system quit a bit and the stand gets used for many, many things other than just a miter saw. Just a thought.
                            Good luck,
                            Jim Don
                            Mine isn't going to go in a truck, so I don't have to worry about the weight too much. The plywood is a good idea though, and it seems like the AC9944 could address some of that with the detachable rails for the saw. If you can buy an extra set, you can swap tools.

I was thinking that RIDGID should make just a utility bench kind of thing, for mounting most any benchtop tool; it would basically be the MSUV without the extension rollers.

I also think they should have included a cord wrap and maybe a shelf underneath the table surface.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                              Mine isn't going to go in a truck, so I don't have to worry about the weight too much. The plywood is a good idea though, and it seems like the AC9944 could address some of that with the detachable rails for the saw. If you can buy an extra set, you can swap tools.

I was thinking that RIDGID should make just a utility bench kind of thing, for mounting most any benchtop tool; it would basically be the MSUV without the extension rollers.

I also think they should have included a cord wrap and maybe a shelf underneath the table surface.
                              Costco has a nice utility bench that can serve as a scafolding for about 90 dollars. Pretty nice and has a cork top. I'll check it out this weekend and let you know brand (Costco is my second home).

Comment

Working...
                              X