Drill/Hammer Drill Recommendation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drill/Hammer Drill Recommendation

Unless Laz needs to drill lots of good size holes in concrete a true rotary hammer drill and bits just won't pay off. I think he would be far better off to buy a good used spade handle drill for mixing and a Dewalt DW130 while not super duty would work way better than a hammer drill would. You can find loads of them used for sale. As for a new corded hammer drill there are loads of models. Depending on just want kind of use it will get, you can go for a cheaper model if just for DIY work or a serious professional model made in Germany and get a real tool. Some of the better ones MIlwaukee used to have were actually made in the AEG factory for them.

Comment

I have spent plenty of days doing drill runs in brick with a HiltiTE5, at home my Milwaukee Falcon hammerdrill has never failed. Qualtiy SDS bits such as made by Hilti are a must, get what you pay for in my opinion.

Comment

If you are looking for a good corded model, I'd recommend the Makita HR2455. Using our old hammer drill, only my husband could drill for anchor bolts. With this new rotary hammer, I am able to easily do the job. Though I have options, I've been using the Makita drill bits that came with the drill. They work very well.

Here's a link to a review of the tool. (Be sure to price shop it. I found the cheapest at Tyler Tool, but that may have changed by now.)
        http://mymilescity.com/review/makita...ry-hammer.html
        Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
        I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
        My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Amazon would be the best choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Laz View Post
            I need to replace my 1/2 inch drill/hammer drill. I am looking for recommedations. I appreciate your help.
            A GOOD DUMP WORKS. hI sTUBBSS

Comment

Dewalt DCD950/970 best 18volt hammerdills/drills on the market

Comment

Working...
              X