No announcement yet.

Freud laminate trimmer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freud laminate trimmer

I'm addicted to laminate trimmers. I just bought another one on Ebay. It is here, the FT750T.

Very powerful, made in Spain and pretty cruddy reviews on Amazon, but I wanted another offset base trimmer to dedicate to a flush-cut bit. Since this was cheaper than the PC base alone, I figured I'd go for it. I really wish Ridgid would come out with an offset base for their laminate trimmer because it is my favorite of the ones I own.

Anyway, it is heavy, but feel solid. There were no real instructions in the case. The offset base also has a different size collet nut so the two stamped wrenches that came with it don't work. If I paid full price for this it would be vexing, but I can deal with it since I got it at a steal and it is just for convenience, not necessary to my day to day. It does mean I have not been able to test it yet though.

Anyone else have experience with Freud power tools? I'll update as information becomes available.

A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: Freud laminate trimmer

No experience with that trimmer but I've had their jigsaw for years and have been more than satisfied with it. Along with the jigsaw I also have some forstner bits and a few saw blades from Freud. All have performed up too or beyond my expectations. Great company and in the couple of instances where I have needed it they also have great customer service.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.