Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V18 going away?

anyone else heard this?

Re: V18 going away?

You mean V18 Milwaukee? I would be very surprised considering they just came out with a new vac and rotary hammer for the line..........
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I was wondering that myself, the local HD here has been discounting the V18 stuff heavily until it was all gone. Now it looks like they got rid of the rest of the line, the only Milwaukee tool left that I found today was the 14v Lok drill for 149. They used to have their own section which disappeared.

Comment

Someone said a combo kit with a radio and vac thrown in was $399 in the US???? In Canada, HD has combo kit for $399 with a free jobsite radio. No circular saw in the kit, though - drill, impact, sawzall and light. Still, good deal considering a Ridgid 18 volt would cost more.......
        I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I was talking to the tool corral guy at HD the other week and he said that they will be getting all new Milwaukee stuff soon. He was not sure why but he supposed that it was because Milwaukee is an HD exclusive now. In my case he was referring to the drill bit sets. I suspect they have new "packages" coming out and are getting rid of old stock just like when the Ridgid 4-piece 24v lithium set was clearanced and later replaced with the 3-piece.

Ern

Comment

Ok so I asked around and from what my guys are telling me...V18 will be adios by years end. New stuff coming, but all of the old V18 stuff will not work with the new.

anyone else hearing this?

Comment

Almost everything in life either changes or goes away. Every tool company has changed or discontinued product at some point in time. If this rumor is true than there is little anyone can do about it. I don't see it as anything other than business as usual.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'm straying from the topic here, but a tool guy at Home Depot told me that they were no longer going to carry the Hilti tools. He said the contract was up and Hilti wasn't making any money with HD.

Comment

Badger- I disagree with you on the changing of units, batteries,and that is just a typical life cycle.

I can take a tweak of a drill but I just can't see why they would kill V18 and all that they have done to get moving in the cordless market. THis move will just alienate users even more.

As much as I hate to say it. I can go buy a nano batter and put it on my XR+ drill that was made 12 years ago from Dewalt. Or I could take that battery that is still going and put it on the latest 400 drill 18v from Dewalt.

Comment

Working...
                  X