Stamped wrenches?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamped wrenches?

I bought a laminate trimmer on ebay that did not come with all of the stamped wrenches needed to change the bits. It looks like I need a 14mm. It has to be thin so none of the ones at my local HD would fit the bill.

Anyone have a source for this kind of thing? There is no parts list or help on the web for ordering this part directly from freud.

Thanks in advance

Eli
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: Stamped wrenches?

1-800-472-7307 is the number you can call for Freud customer service. Or, you could email them at customerservice@freudtools.com. I've had a couple of dealings with them in the past and they've always come through for me. I can't guarantee it but from my experiences I'll bet they will send you out the wrench no charge. FWIW, if it were me, I'd call instead of emailing.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

make one out of some steel strap, and jsut saw the opening out, if you want a little neater, drill a hole first for the back of the slot.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Check your local bicycle shop, they will have them - hub cone wrench. Has sizes 13,14,15,16

Comment

Yep, go to a bike shop or any bike related online vendor like www.jensonusa.com Look for cone wrenches which are specifically designed for very narrow spaces. Park Tool is one of the best brands.

http://www.parktool.com/products/det...&item=SCW%2D14

http://www.jensonusa.com/search/?s=c...btnSearch.y=10

Comment

Thanks guys! I love this forum, folks ALWAYS come through!

Eli
            A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

While not cheap at all, you might look into metric size valve tappet wrenches. They are pretty thin head and are made out of quality forged tool steel with good machining. For metric sizes, I think you are pretty much limited to MAC and Snap-on but there may be others. I'm wondering if a stamped wrench will work out for you. Sometimes included tools are just too junky and people end up having to upgrade to something better.

Question: How thin must the head be to work? Does it need to be tiny sized overall next to the open end head of a regular combination or double head open end wrench? If you need a tiny wrench, you might look at angle head (double head normally) wrenches used for ignition work. Let me know more specs and I'll try to post more info for you. If you can get it from somewhere other than off a tool truck you save good $$$.
              Last edited by Woussko; 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X