Ridgid Bi-metal Hole Saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Bi-metal Hole Saw

I'm Trying To Cut A Hole Into Cement Fiber Board With The Bi Metal Saw , I'm Having Difficulty Cutting The Hole, My Drill Is A Sears 2.5amps. If I Go Buy A Ridgid Drill That Is A 8 Amp Would I Then Be Able To Cut Thru The Cement Fiber Board

Re: Ridgid Bi-metal Hole Saw

it's the bit

Comment

try an angle grinder with a masonry blade. by making 8 stright cuts around the inside of the circle you are attempting to cut, its possible to achieve a nearly circular cut in masonry board. if you are committed to the drill approach, try a diamond tipped hole saw.
      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

The problem is the holesaw is not designed to cut that material. Try a carbide tiped abrassive holesaw like this
        If you have a jigsaw you can also try an abrasive carbide blade.

Comment

Hi Pam and welcome to the forum. As stated you really do need a carbide tipped hole saw. Abrasives and alloy steel cutting tools = They wear down real fast. If you have trouble finding one, let us know the hole size you need and one of us can post links for where you can buy it from a major online tool supplier.

Hint: If you only need a few holes for a project, you might be better off finding a contractor with the needed tools and hiring him/her rather than spending good $$$ on tools you may not use again. On the other hand having a good corded variable speed reversing drill (corded) is a very nice long term investment.
          Last edited by Woussko; 05-26-2008, 05:27 PM.

Comment

I have bought plenty of tools that I have only used once. But now I have them forever. Then again I can never seem to walk out of Home Depot with any money left in my wallet. >D

Comment

Working...
            X