Ridgid Bandsaw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Bandsaw

I was thinking about purchasing the Ridgid Bandsaw, but I started reading about all the associated problems. Question, am I better off spending a little more and purchasing a different brand?

Re: Ridgid Bandsaw

Any saw within this price range will require some tuning. There are many aftermarket parts that will improve on performance once the originals wear out (eg urethane tires). The question you need to ask is can I afford a more expensive saw now to get better quality parts as well as fit and finish or do I want to spend the money gradually over time and upgrade a cheaper saw

Comment

The Ridgid bandsaw can be darn good, after you put an additional... about $100 (minimum) into it and spend an hour doing some tuning.

Assume new tires, a high quality blade, and a link belt at the minimum.

After some adjustments mine resaws quite nicely to less than 1/4" (I haven't tried thinner, honestly) and tracks straight as bird (no drift!).

Now, I would recommend the addition of the Kreg bandsaw fence, or something equitable. But that adds another hun'ert. A clamped shop-made fence would work just as well, though not as conveniently.

Alternatively, Rigdid's new bandsaw is coming out this year, according to rreports: http://www.woodmagazine.com/dgroups/...kCurrentPage=1
      (scroll down a bit).

But, who knows where the price will be by then: http://www.woodmagazine.com/dgroups/...3a45b2c33c3d31

Comment

If I were buying a 14 incher now, I'd take a look at the Grizzly G0555 and the Craftsman 22401 (on sale < $450). Both have more HP, include a fence, and have better reputations.

Comment

OK Guys thanks for the help! I just ordered the G0555 - The Ultimate 14" Bandsaw.

Comment

Working...
          X