Help make first purchase

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help make first purchase

looking @ 2 ridgid air compressors. either the OL50135AL for 199.00 @ hd or the OL50135W online for 229.00 mostly using for tires for bikes & cars, finish a basement and lug nuts on a car 2x a year. Thanks for your help guys. New to air tools. Ron

Re: Help make first purchase

The only reason I would consider the aluminum one is if I was dragging it around jobsites. The W has 24% more air flow

Comment

how is that?

Comment

Pyroron, I have the "W" wheeled model and I like it very much. Handle flips up and locks for transport, then folds down for storage. I like that much better than the carry model even if it is lighter.

F.Y.I.: I saw that you have the same thread started in the Ridgid Review forum. You shouldn't cross-post or you are going to irk the moderators.
        Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

thanks for the input and sorry didnt know if I should post in certain rooms or not. Better to ask for forgives than not to try. thanks again

Comment

The AL model has 3.7 scfm but the W has 4.6 scfm at the same 90 psi

Comment

If you want plan on ever wanting to run any other air tools (impact wrench, spray gun, sanders, die grinder, or other, it will run nailers, brad guns and air tires, and a few other low air usage tools but, if you have any future plans, check out the min, air requirements of those tools, and then get a compressor IMO with at least a 1/3 more CFM than your biggest planed air tool.
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Probable not the only other thing would be blowing water out of sprinkler system. Me and a neighbor do that with his pc model and it doesnt have close to the same scfm.

Comment

NEED HELP FINDING OL50135W. Anyone know if they even make these any longer. If not will have to get the aluminum version @ HD.

Comment

Originally posted by pyroron View Post
                    NEED HELP FINDING OL50135W. Anyone know if they even make these any longer. If not will have to get the aluminum version @ HD.
                    Ron, I haven't seen the wheeled model in my local HD's in quite awhile. They have that silly mini-wheelbarrow model with a free Ridgid finish nailer for $300 now. However, I don't think it specs out the same as the OL50135W.
                    Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Working...
                    X