Pressure Washer 3300PSI 2.8GPM detergent mixing problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure Washer 3300PSI 2.8GPM detergent mixing problem

Hello, I have a Ridgid 3300PSI 2.8GPM pressure washer that I am tring to use detergent with, but what ever posisition I place the bottle or hose in I cannot get it to mix. The unit is brand new. Has any one had the same problem? I must be doing some thing wrong, but not sure what? I am using the detergent nozzle.

Re: Pressure Washer 3300PSI 2.8GPM detergent mixing problem

I have the same PW. Didn't have a single problem with it the first time I used detergent. I just slapped the tube on, dropped the other end in the jug and away I went. But the second time, like you, I couldn't get it to dispense at all. I tried filling the hose with water, trying to get it flowing by using no nozzle at all. Don't know what's up. I haven't called RIDGID or CAT yet.

Comment

I took the original back and exchanged it and still cant get the 2nd one to work. I live in Guam and the Home Depot here is new and they don't know what to tell me? I am at a loss, I hate to have a $600 new machine that don't do all that it is supposed to.

Comment

I don't own the 3300 unit, but it is a nice looking machine. I'd say look for one obvious thing. Observe the direction of the detergent pickup line. I recently had a similar problem and it was because I had ran the line up high on the frame and back into the detergent bottle. The angle was too high to pull it into the pump. I simply re-routed the line so it hangs alot lower and is a more directly in-line with the bottle itself. Later!

Comment

Finally figured it out, took it to home depot to return it and the guy in rentals looked at it first. He found that inside the coupling that the wand hose connects to, the same one where detergent goes through, the rod inside had a tapered end and it was in backwards. He flipped it around and it worked perfect. Thanks for your posts. Dan

Comment

Mine worked okay after I discovered a kink in the hose but I don't know what the automatic dilution ration for the machine is and I can't find it in the literature. The various cleaning solutions that are sold require this information in order to calculate the amount of water to add to the solution prior to spraying. Does anyone know?

Comment

Working...
            X