X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• missing lock nut

I own a ridgid angle grinder that i am completely happy with. I lost the locking nut that is used in conjunction with a rubber backing pad and wood sanding disk. This nut differs from the two-bolt system used to secure most cutting and grinding disks, and looks like an open top hat. Could anyone recommend where i can get a replacement?

Re: missing lock nut

If it isn't a regular kind of lock nut that you can get in a hardware store you could try http://ridgidparts.com/

Comment

Re: missing lock nut

If you can not get want you want thorough RIDGID parts,

If it is a standard 5/8 x11 thread, I would try a welding supply, or auto body supply or very good auto parts that sells auto body supplies, or EBAY, Amazon and many other places, sells buffers and pads that are generic replacements, probly the big box stores would have them as well, it may be that you may have to buy the entire pad and backing to get the nut, but may be cheaper than paying a shipping and handling charge,

(I store mine on a 5/8" bolt) keeps things together and all the parts in one place on a item that is not as easy to lose.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X