Battery Compatibility

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery Compatibility

I need to know if my 18V NiCad Ridgid tools and charger that uses Battery 130254003 is compatible with the 18V NiCad # 130252004. I tried the 24V LiIon and they would not clip in. My old batteries are getting tired and I can not find them at Home Depot. I really like the set and have added a Max select Impact, but I am getting frustrated with RIDGID. Thanks

Re: Battery Compatibility

All of the 18v batteries are interchangeable with the 18v tools. The 24v was designed for the MaxSelect line of tools only.

Comment

Thanks, Is there a big difference in the amperage between the 2, the ones I have are the Max HC the other is X2.

Comment

The X2 battery is 1.9 Ah, and the MaxHC is 2.5 Ah, if I am not mistaken. And NailBanger is correct - you can use any 18 volt Ridgid batteries on any Ridgid 18 volt tools. Any chemistry (lithium or nicad), any amphere-hour rating (1.4, 1.9, 2.5 [in nicads], 1.5, 3.0 [in lithium ion]), within the 18 volt lineup. The 24 volt batteries can only be used on the 24 volt and/or the MaxSelect tools - that's why the tabs wouldn't match up. And you can find replacement 18 volt batteries at HD, or obviously on eBay. But, if the batteries are getting tired, you can have them replaced under the LLSA and/or warranty, providing they were properly purchased and registered according to Ridgid's LLSA terms.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I can't imagine trying to figure out what batteries work with what tools, what is interchangeable with what and why something works in one 18V but not in another. Thank god we switched over to the DeWalt cordless tools. All 18V batteries can be used in all 18V tools and can be found in a zillion places other than just home depot.

Also I hope you went through the trouble of registering everything you bought and that you kept the paper work on everything as well so. If you didn't I could understand.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch View Post
            I can't imagine trying to figure out what batteries work with what tools, what is interchangeable with what and why something works in one 18V but not in another. Thank god we switched over to the DeWalt cordless tools. All 18V batteries can be used in all 18V tools and can be found in a zillion places other than just home depot.
            Wish I had done taht instead of buying the 24v Li-Ion tool kit.

Originally posted by lurch View Post
            Also I hope you went through the trouble of registering everything you bought and that you kept the paper work on everything as well so. If you didn't I could understand.
            Don't know if it would have made much difference if he did. I took my entire set of Ridgid 24v Li-Ion cordless tools into a warranty service center to have the batteries warranties. Only one was replaced. And Home Depot doesn't even sell them anymore....

Bottom line, if you buy your tools with the intent to use them (or better yet, make your living by using them and do not have a week or two to wait for warranty work) then skip Ridgid and go for DeWalt or Makita...

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
              Wish I had done taht instead of buying the 24v Li-Ion tool kit.

Don't know if it would have made much difference if he did. I took my entire set of Ridgid 24v Li-Ion cordless tools into a warranty service center to have the batteries warranties.
              You're a teacher?? Hopefully not of English, with the grammar and spelling I've seen in 2 of your posts (out of 4).

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                You're a teacher?? Hopefully not of English, with the grammar and spelling I've seen in 2 of your posts (out of 4).
                Nope, not a Language Arts teacher. And... had I known that perfect grammar and spelling were a requirement I would have paid much closer attention.

Then again, I am posting on a message board and not writing a term paper so....

Just venting some frustration over the whole Ridgid warranty experience. Hopefully either A) someone else has dealt with the 24v Li-Ion stuff before and has some much appreciated information to pass along or B) someone from Ridgid will see these posts and decide to do the right thing or C) both.

Hey, I can dream, can't I? In the meantime, I will try to type slower and make sure taht I dibble sheck muh splelling before I post....

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                  Hey, I can dream, can't I? In the meantime, I will try to type slower and make sure taht I dibble sheck muh splelling before I post....
                  Noted and granted.

I'm wondering about something though - if the service center fixed one of your two batteries, what was the story with the other one? You stated in another post that one was deemed defective and fixed, but you're still dealing with the 2nd one - what's the issue/details on this repair problem?
                  Last edited by canucksartech; 07-20-2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                    Noted and granted.

I'm wondering about something though - if the service center fixed one of your two batteries, what was the story with the other one? You stated in another post that one was deemed defective and fixed, but you're still dealing with the 2nd one - what's the issue/details on this repair problem?
                    Same thing I asked the service center guy. He just shrugged and said that it checked out when he ran his tests. I protested and told him that I would get it home and have the same problem all over again. I ended up leaving [frustrated] and went home to try the battery (hoping against hope that I was wrong and he was right) only to find that the situation with the battery hadn't changed. Still won't accept a full charge... and run time is non-existent under load.

I suppose that I could try to take it to another service center, but that would be another week and 75 mile round trip... without any guarantee that they would solve the problem.

Comment

If you're within the 90 days, return it for a refund or exchange. If not, it sucks, but I'd try another service center then.

Comment

Working...
                      X