MSUV Setup Help Needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV Setup Help Needed

I just purchased the MSUV and set it up. However, I am unable to fold it down from the open/standing position. As I push the lock release lever and press down, it goes half-way down and then stops as the spring/piston at the bottom is fully compressed with nowhere to go.

Does anyone have a solution for me?

Re: MSUV Setup Help Needed

I can't remember what all came packed with mine but could there be a piece of styrafoam packing wedged somwhere on the underside of the MSUV?
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by scarch81 View Post
      I just purchased the MSUV and set it up. However, I am unable to fold it down from the open/standing position. As I push the lock release lever and press down, it goes half-way down and then stops as the spring/piston at the bottom is fully compressed with nowhere to go.

Do you have the Saw Mounted on it? I think that on some previous threads there were a few people who found it difficult to close it without the weight of the saw. If you haven't already, you might try the search feature for MSUV to see what comes up.

I have the older version, so don't know if that is your problem though.

Comment

My MSUV needed a firm shove to complete the folding process because of the spring compression. Initially this was alarming for me but a few more attempts should make the folding process easier for you and the MSUV. A properly mounted miter saw should help because of the weight factor. I believe this could be considered a safety design to prevent the MSUV from suddenly collapsing until you are ready for it. Hope this helps....

Comment

Thanks for the help, it turns out you just really have to put some major force into it. I put the saw on top and that really helped out as well.

Comment

Thanks for the help, it turns out you just really have to put some major force into it. I put the saw on top and that really helped out as well.
            also if you notice the decals on the MSUV for folding, it should be closest to the end as it will help with balancing when standing upright. I wouldn't want it to tip over since it's so easy to slide over.

Comment

Working...
            X