new ridgid air hose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new ridgid air hose

i was at hd yesterday and i saw a new air hose...it was a 1/4" polyurethene 50' hose. it had the flexpress fittings too...price was 34.97...not too bad so i grabed one.

Re: new ridgid air hose

I've been wondering what the price of that was. The store I saw it at did not have a price displayed and as usual, no one around to ask. That's just $5 cheaper than the rubber one.

Comment

Let me know how you like that new hose, I saw one on Saturday but didn't grab it seeing as I just bought two of the grey ones less than a month ago.

Comment

Its nice that you can quickly add and repair fittings, but I love my 13.00 Costco poly hose

Seems that every time I go I come home with another one, pretty soon the rubber hoses can be relegated to garage only so I can use the nice lightweight ones inside. Lugging a 50' rubber hose just to use a nailer is getting to me.

I found a seller on Ebay that had a 300' roll of the poly stuff for air hose use for 69 bux. Buy fittings at McMaster and you can make as many as you want!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
          Seems that every time I go I come home with another one, pretty soon the rubber hoses can be relegated to garage only so I can use the nice lightweight ones inside. Lugging a 50' rubber hose just to use a nailer is getting to me.
          You should take a look at the JacPac, or whatever it's called through Lowe's (I saw it in a TV commercial...). Here's a great thread with more info than I can provide: http://www.bt3central.com/showthread.php?t=29249

But here's my personal overview, anyway:
          This is a kit that runs on a C02 canister that has standard air hose connectors, and drives a nail gun, stapler, or whatever you want. The canister just hooks on your belt or sits on the table and is the size of a half-gallon jug of milk.

I got this about 3 months ago, and it has definitely become my favorite "tool-toy". I've used it up to 2" 16g nail through 3/4" plywood into solid fir/pine and it plants those nails just fine. I've put 18g 1 1/4" nails through 3/4" solid oak and maple and it works just as well as using my compressor.
          Difference is: no big hose to unwind; no 60lb compressor to move up the stairs; and no noise as the compressor comes up to pressure!

The canisters cost about $3-4 to refill at any place that services paint-ball equipment , and they'll supposedly drive *hundreds* of nails with a full charge.

My favorite use for this is with my 23g pin nailer and frame/molding assembly. It's really sweet to have when you really just need to drive 1-50 nails/staples or, like me, hate moving the compressor around just to get to a small job (bad back!). I bought a spare canister ($15?) and have hardly used my compressor for nailing since.

http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20445
          http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...735-J-6901-100
          http://www.amazon.com/JacPac-J-6901-.../dp/B000QF7I7W

Comment

The costco hose is a great value. Just had a green 3/8" poly non braided AMFLO USA hose blow out under 95psi. Called Amflo and they "may" replace it after inspection since Lowes does not carry it any longer.
            The A/C I have is a Palmgren 12v portable on sale often for $50 at Amazon w. 2 batteries. Great build , made in Taiwan, carry stap, no bottles to drive somewhere to refill or go empty while working. I do not play painball. It is heavier and larger though than the CO2 unit.

Comment

its really good so far...very lightweight...i love it im glad the included fittings work with my ridgid nailers...

Comment

TU - keep us updated on use on this hose. I saw one at HD the other day, and resisted buying one only to keep my cross-border duty charges to a minimum (didn't want to push the purchases envelope any further!). I may get one next time across. How resilient is it against cuts/abrasions, and likewise against kinks/bends?

Comment

I also purchased one of these hoses, it is the best.

Comment

I bought this hose in November and I'm loving it.
                    I took my nasty blue, stiff cheapy hose up to the camp for a project last night because I didn't want to drag my good hose through the mud. I left it up there when I headed home because I didn't want to deal with trying to wind it up in the cold and rain.

The blue one will have to be reserved for days when it's 80 degrees or warmer.

Comment

been using the heck out of this hose its great
                      real light rolls up just like a electrical cord would.

tu

Comment

Working...
                      X