X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Framing Gun issues

So I have the ridgid angled framing gun. Love the gun, built in filter is awesome, rafterhook is a life saver, etc, but running into more and more issues now.

Basically im on my fourth box (ya know the big ones), and the last box the gun has been missing. 2-3 times per 2 strips, it will not fire when pressed down, you have to pull the load slide down and push up real hard. Then when you fire again, it will hit, and when you lift the gun up, a nail falls out (one is sunk where you had it).

Gun has been dropped probably once maybe 3 feet, runs on a dewalt compressor that is drained daily. Oiled daily with a few drops. Moisture is not an issue as I have a trap.

Im sure its dusty, but no more so than any other production framing/sheathing site.

Driving me nuts thansk!

Re: Ridgid Framing Gun issues

Originally posted by dayusex View Post
    Gun has been dropped probably once maybe 3 feet, runs on a dewalt compressor that is drained daily. Oiled daily with a few drops. Moisture is not an issue as I have a trap.
    i am not sure but i thought the big selling point to the ridgid nailers was that it was an "oil free" gun, this might not be the problem but it might be prat of it.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

The framing and finish nailers need to be oiled prior to use. The brad nailer is oil-less.

Comment

ohhhhhhh then ummmm never mind then.
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
        X