Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid Reciprocating Saw - Is this a good tool?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ridgid Reciprocating Saw - Is this a good tool?

If you can work this correctly it looks like Amazon has the Milwaukee 6509-22 Sawzall priced at $89.95 with FREE shipping. I'm not sure what it takes to get it for this price but people that deal with Amazon on a regular basis should be able to help. Also, they can get a great price on a nice Sawzall. This is the base model, but they do cut. I have had mine for about 2 years and really like it. A model with longer strokes and orbital action is faster in ruff wood cutting, but in metal cutting you really can't use orbital action normally.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000789HE

Comment

I bought the Milwaukee 6509-22 Sawzall last Setember for $111 at www.hechinger.com. It's still going as strong now as it did then. Great tool.
      Jim

Comment

Tyler Tool has factory recond Milwaukee 6509 at $89.95 plus shipping and this deal is open door to anyone.
        http://www.tylertool.com/milwaukee98.html

Comment

this might be kind of a side note but the ridgid twist handle recip saw (R3020) was just put to clearence today. Its still at 149 so ill keep on eye on it if it drops to 99 or less....

tu

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
            Good to hear some positive experience on the Ridgid recip. FYI: My Dewalt, Makita, and Milwaukee recips have tool-free adjustable shoes (there may be others). The Ridgid max-select recip is tool-free shoe too. Its a nice feature but its not too hard to deal without it.

FYI: The Milwaukee Sawsall just got more affordable: $99 Model 6509-22 at HD. Kit consists of case,blades and 10 amps,

I tuck an allen key under the rubber boot for the bolts to move the shoe on the 18v model.

Comment

Working...
            X