X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24V Kit R932 Cat #24048

I have been looking for a good kit, read about this 24V Li kit on the Ridgid site, went to my local HD store and could not find it or anything much like it. There was a 3 pc kit with one battery, charger, hammer drill and recip saw - not what I was looking for. I need a hammer drill, charger, two batteries and circ saw.

I read through threads here in Feb 07
    Caution: R932 Lithium 24v Combo is going BYE BYE!!
    and many others. The R932 kit has been offered for $268 and better.

I searched online extensively for a decent 24 volt kit. It is easy to find reconditioned kits with one year warranty, but nowhere has the much heralded lifetime service agreement been offered.

I went back to my local store HD to see about rounding up the circ saw and hammer drill separately. They have the 24 volt circ saw with no battery or charger and 18 volt hammer drills, no 24 volt chargers. The tool dude claimed they do have 24 volt batteries, but they are 'very expensive' so they don't keep them out. He could not even tell me the price.

It seems the Ridgid 24 volt tools with the LSA are actually imaginary

If they do exist and can be purchased, can anyone explain where and for how much?
    Thanks

Re: 24V Kit R932 Cat #24048

JMCrate.

The only remaining new 24 volt combo kit available is the 3 piece, but I thought that it had two batteries as part of the combo. The four piece kits have been long clearanced though a stray one might be had, but I kinda doubt it. My understanding is that none of the HD outlets carry the 24 volt battery seperately, nor the chargers that are required to charge them. The only way to get the 24 volt batteries (other than ebay, but that's another story) is via the 3 piece kit, but you also get the lifetime service agreement as part of the deal and the ability to use the batteries with the MaxSelect tools.

Comment

Thanks Spinalzo .
      Purchase of the 3 pc kit and the saw with no battery would be $520 plus tax at HD...Shirley it can be had for far less somewhere. I can't see paying that.

It seems Ridgid would either go or no go on the 24 volt instead of half heartedly playing with them.

Is there any official word? They want to claim they have it, but can't deliver.

Comment

The 3-piece 24-volt kit (24 volt hammer drill, recip saw, flashlight, charger, and 2 XLi 24-volt batteries, with bag) has been right around $379 lately. If you want the MaxSelect circular saw, it's $119. Okay, so if you don't want to spend over $500 on this, then just sell the recip yourself on eBay and get around $75 for it, costing you just over $400 for everything, and you're able to register for the LLSA. Otherwise, you can buy everything solo on eBay, but you'd be looking at still around $300-$350, but no LLSA.

That's your only options right now. It appears that Ridgid is getting ready for a bit of a re-packaging with some stuff, as a lot of it is being clearanced out and shifted around.

Comment

Or you can just get the 18 volt compact lithium ion drill/driver kit, and add on the MaxSelect circular saw, if you are only concerned about getting a drill and circ saw.

Comment

Thanks Canuk

Comment

the r932 kit was clearanced. i got the last one in my local HD for $99, complete, unopened with all parts adn manuals. i found it in the tool corral behind the other 24v kits. i would personnally check all the HDs around you and you might get lucky. best part of my purchase was i purchased it with a $200 gift card HD sent me because an ASM in the same store refused to sell me their last 24v starter kit for the scanned amount of $.01.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

RUN from that 24v Li-Ion kit! I drank the "lifetime warranty" Kool-Aide and bought the kit.

I currently have two useless 24v Li-Ion batteries. I took them (with my charger and the whole tool kit) in to a Ridgid service center to have the batteries warrantied. Only one was deemed defective, so now I have a whole set of tool and one freakin' battery!

The Ridgid warranty has simply been a source of frustration for me. Do yourself a favor and go look at a set of Makita Li-Ion tools or teh old DeWalt standbys... I certainly with I had done this before I purchased my 24v Li-Ion set!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post
                  RUN from that 24v Li-Ion kit! I drank the "lifetime warranty" Kool-Aide and bought the kit.

I currently have two useless 24v Li-Ion batteries. I took them (with my charger and the whole tool kit) in to a Ridgid service center to have the batteries warrantied. Only one was deemed defective, so now I have a whole set of tool and one freakin' battery!

The Ridgid warranty has simply been a source of frustration for me. Do yourself a favor and go look at a set of Makita Li-Ion tools or teh old DeWalt standbys... I certainly with I had done this before I purchased my 24v Li-Ion set!!!!
                  I have seen you trashing Ridgid all over this forum over the last few days about the service and you're frustration with the LSA.
                  Let's review the facts as they seem......
                  1-You state that you had two bad batteries and took them to a Ridgid service center (33 miles round trip).
                  2-After one week you returned and they hadn't checked the batteries, but then they did and replaced one under warranty.9$200 value)
                  3-You go on to state that you now have two bad batteries and one good one as one of the batteries that the service center deemed good is in fact bad. I'm very surprised (read stunned)that the service center returned the defective battery to you. Usually defective items must be returned to the mfgr. for credit by the service center and why would ridgid want to give a defective item to someone who might take it somewhere else and have it replaced againunder the LSA. After all these batteries sell for $200. Seems funny to me!
                  4-To continue, you haven't stated how long you have had this set. If it has been over a year you have now received a $200 battery that would not have been replaced by any other mfgr as the longest battery warranty other than Ridgid is "one year".
                  5-You had one battery replaced at a value of $200 which seems like a pretty good deal for two 33 mile trips. Hopefully you had other errands on those trips.
                  6-It is unfortunate that the service center didn't determine the problem with the other battery, however if it only lasts the short period you claim, you should be able to demonstrate that with a return trip. I know it's a pain, however it's important to remember you are receiving a $200 value for you're troubles. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
                  7-Oh by the way! The Makita LI tools you are pimping have their own issues. Check this and some of the other tool forums for Makita problems........and DeWalt.....you can't find any Dewalt LI batteries in this part of the country, 18 or 36V........or 28V Milwaukee's, or 36V Bosch's. So maybe things aren't as perfect in other worlds as you think.
                  8-You stated you found Ridgid 24V batts on Amazon?? I have NEVER seen Ridgid LI batts on Amazon(just checked-nothing) they are available on Ebay at around $100 without the LSA.
                  Soooooooooooo in the final analysis you have been trashing Ridgid all over this forum because a service center only deemed one $200 battery defective and replaced it instead of the two you claim. You could take the other battery back with a tool and demonstrate the inablity of the battery to perform or you could return the battery to Ridgid at their service headquarters and they will replace it from there.
                  Any way I suggest you complainith to much over a missed call by a service rep. I don't know about you but I make mistakes in my work on a regular basis. Get over it. .........and, oh by the way, if Ridgid is such a trash company why are you interested in one of their shop vac's.

Comment

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                    I have seen you trashing Ridgid all over this forum over the last few days about the service and you're frustration with the LSA.
                    1-You state that you had two bad batteries and took them to a Ridgid service center (33 miles round trip).
                    2-After one week you returned and they hadn't checked the batteries, but then they did and replaced one under warranty.9$200 value)
                    3-You go on to state that you now have two bad batteries and one good one as one of the batteries that the service center deemed good is in fact bad. I'm very surprised (read stunned)that the service center returned the defective battery to you. Usually defective items must be returned to the mfgr. for credit by the service center and why would ridgid want to give a defective item to someone who might take it somewhere else and have it replaced againunder the LSA. After all these batteries sell for $200. Seems funny to me!
                    4-To continue, you haven't stated how long you have had this set. If it has been over a year you have now received a $200 battery that would not have been replaced by any other mfgr as the longest battery warranty other than Ridgid is "one year".
                    5-You had one battery replaced at a value of $200 which seems like a pretty good deal for two 33 mile trips. Hopefully you had other errands on those trips.
                    6-It is unfortunate that the service center didn't determine the problem with the other battery, however if it only lasts the short period you claim, you should be able to demonstrate that with a return trip. I know it's a pain, however it's important to remember you are receiving a $200 value for you're troubles. Seems like a pretty good deal to me.
                    7-Oh by the way! The Makita LI tools you are pimping have their own issues. Check this and some of the other tool forums for Makita problems........and DeWalt.....you can't find any Dewalt LI batteries in this part of the country, 18 or 36V........or 28V Milwaukee's, or 36V Bosch's. So maybe things aren't as perfect in other worlds as you think.
                    8-You stated you found Ridgid 24V batts on Amazon?? I have NEVER seen Ridgid LI batts on Amazon(just checked-nothing) they are available on Ebay at around $100 without the LSA.
                    Soooooooooooo in the final analysis you have been trashing Ridgid all over this forum because a service center only deemed one $200 battery defective and replaced it instead of the two you claim. You could take the other battery back with a tool and demonstrate the inablity of the battery to perform or you could return the battery to Ridgid at their service headquarters and they will replace it from there.
                    Any way I suggest you complainith to much over a missed call by a service rep. I don't know about you but I make mistakes in my work on a regular basis. Get over it. .........and, oh by the way, if Ridgid is such a trash company why are you interested in one of their shop vac's.
                    You have been a great help!

I will admit that under the influence of frustration I may have been lacking in my explanation of the situation. But, based on your ability (or inability) to read and understand what I have already explained, I don't suppose that arguing with you - even posting photos of the returned defective batteries - would make any difference.

Bottom line is that I purchased a new set of tools from a lesser-known manufacturer (in the cordless power tool market) with an unproven history. I bought the tools based on the premise of quality customer service and after-the-sale warranty. What I have instead is a big hassle.

All I would ask is that Ridgid step up and get this situation fixed. I have called, I have emailed and I have been sent to warranty service centers.

Now I have posted on their forum. Please understand that I am just trying every avenue to get my situation resolved. If that offends you, then maybe you should put me on your ignore list

As for the Shop Vac, I don't suppose that you would actually care why I am interested in a Ridgid branded shop vac. I had heard taht they were made by Emerson electric and I had heard good things about Emerson Electric-sourced shop vacs. Just trying to get some real-world opinions.

To any others who are offended because I am not a flag-waving Ridgid tool Kool-Aide drinker, please accept my sincere apologies. I initially bought the tool kit with great expectations based on impressions taht others had posted on this and other forums. Now I wish I would have done my homework a little more thoroughly.
                    Last edited by eschoendorff; 07-22-2008, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by eschoendorff View Post

Originally posted by roadrashray View Post
                      2-After one week you returned and they hadn't checked the batteries, but then they did and replaced one under warranty.$200 value)
                      Originally posted by Eshoendorff You have been a great help!

I will admit that under the influence of frustration I may have been lacking in my explanation of the situation. But, based on your ability (or inability) to read and understand what I have already explained, I don't suppose that arguing with you - even posting photos of the returned defective batteries - would make any difference
                      .........I read just fine. You had TWO(2) defective batteries and ONE (1) was replaced and because the service center screwed up you think it is so earth shaking that you must come in here and dump all over several other people's threads
                      Bottom line is that I purchased a new set of tools from a lesser-known manufacturer (in the cordless power tool market) with an unproven history. I bought the tools based on the premise of quality customer service and after-the-sale warranty. What I have instead is a big hassle
                      ............. You stated you took TWO(2) batteries into a service center and due to a mistake on their part you still have ONE(1) defective battery. That's a big hassle? You must have a great life!
                      All I would ask is that Ridgid step up and get this situation fixed. I have called, I have emailed and I have been sent to warranty service centers.
                      Now see
                      ..........this is totaly new territory. In all your ranting over not getting ONE(1) battery replaced after ONE try at a service center You never mentioned all this calling and emailing!
                      Now I have posted on their forum. Please understand that I am just trying every avenue to get my situation resolved
                      ........... This is all over ONE (1), yes a single defective battery that was alledgedly misdiagnosed during ONE (1) trip to a service center. OMG and it was a round trip of 33miles!
                      If that offends you, then maybe you should put me on your ignore list :rolleyes
                      :...........I hope to ignore you as I prefer to spend time helping people who have real problems, however based on your past history of jumping onto soooooooo many other's threads, with your earth shaking problem, it would seem difficult.
                      Last edited by roadrashray; 07-22-2008, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Okay roadrashray, you made your point. You sure told me...

Just wanted everyone else to be aware of my experience with the 24v Li-Ion kit and my warranty experience. I really expected this warranty to be a much simpler process. The warranty that Ridgid claims is what sold me on the Ridgid line of tools. For some reason I thought that Ridgid, being marketed towards professionals, would provide better customer service (this is after phone call, email and warranty trips), sort of like the customer service that I have experienced with MAC tools, Snap On or even S*K and Craftsman tools.

I guess I was wrong...

Comment

In all fairness:

Update....

I finally was able to get in touch with another Ridgid warranty service center. They warrantied my battery issues straight away. Effortless service. So I will continue to use the Ridgid tools - tools themselves are quite nice actually - as long as I continue to get serviceable performance from these batteries....

I am still disappointed with the lack of concern shown by Ridgid corporate. This was probably the single biggest tool hassle I have dealt with in the last few years.

Comment

the 24v system is worthless. it works great for a few months, then the batteries die. they will not warranty them, even though they had a lifetime warranty. and replacement batteries(you have to order) is $249.00. a local battery refurber, stated that the lithium ion was not made for construction use. i have $700.00 worth of useless 24 tools

Comment

Originally posted by mabriggs69 View Post
                              the 24v system is worthless. it works great for a few months, then the batteries die. they will not warranty them, even though they had a lifetime warranty. and replacement batteries(you have to order) is $249.00. a local battery refurber, stated that the lithium ion was not made for construction use. i have $700.00 worth of useless 24 tools
                              I have seen your post on another thread indicating you never received a warranty card on two (2) sets of tools. I don't know if you are interested in getting to a positive resolution or just want to jump in on other people's threads and rant. The problem with someone just jumping around and venting is we don't get the full story so we might provide some assistance.
                              Your above post that a battery refurber stated lithium ion is not made for construction use is totaly inaccurate. All the major tool mfgr's including Ridgid, DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita, Bosch, et all are using LI today. We have a contracting company and have over forty Ridgid cordless tools which are worked very hard every day. We no doubt abuse the batteries by overheating them and totaly draining them on a regular basis. We use both 24V and 18V LI and have had no problems. I work with other contractors every day who all use LI batteries. The simple truth is they are superior to Nicad in every way.
                              I will offer some suggestions here based on what I guess has happened and extensive history with other people having similar problems.
                              You claim you sent in the required registration materials and never received a card and "they" won't warranty the batteries that have failed. There are two ways of substantiating that claim if Ridgid is telling you they have no record of receiving such. Hopefully you saved copies of the registration information you sent in. If so, simply call Ridgid customer service and calmly and politely explain that you have copies and ask what you should then do. You can also check on your My Ebox to determine if information regarding the registration of your tools has been recorded there. When we purchase tools I always immediately register on line to My Ebox AND mail in all the required documentation. The 3 year warranty shows up first and usually a few weeks later the LSA is posted. I have experienced a couple of instances where no posting of the LSA appeared for several months. A MyEbox mail to Ridgid has always fixed things for me.
                              Anyway if you check your My Ebox and have a posting for the three year waranty that is proof they received your registration info. You can point this out to the Ridgid customer service rep to sustantiate your cliam if you have not saved copies.
                              If you did not save copies of the submitted registration info and there is no posting in your MyEbox account the problem is much tougher. Some have suggested if you can get a copy of your receipt you might talk Ridgid customer service into honoring the LSA. I don't know how successfull that approach would be. In any case if you have or can obtain a copy of your receipt the batteries should still be covered under the Three(3) year warranty which requires no registration.
                              You should be able to contact Ridgid customer service and arrange for the return of the batteries OR take them and the chargers to a authorised Ridgid service center.
                              I hope this isn't to convoluted or unclear. If you have any questions, post back. It's important to remember that things are more complicated today than they were when we bought our tools at the shop down on the corner where we were on a first name basis. This is especially true with something as valuable as the Ridgid LSA. We have purchased most of our power tools for the last couple of years from Ridgid because of the value of the LSA especially the battery replacement which is an important cost item for us. In order to receive that value we must be responsible in meeting their requirements or there will be problems.
                              Good luck with resolving yours.......Ray

Comment

Working...
                              X