Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which saw? TS 3650 or TS 24241

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Which saw? TS 3650 or TS 24241

    I have an opportunity to purchase a used Ridgid 3650 for $400 or a used Ridgid TS24241 with roller extension for $385. Which is the better saw?

  • #2
    Re: Which saw? TS 3650 or TS 24241

    Originally posted by Dadohead View Post
    I have an opportunity to purchase a used Ridgid 3650 for $400 or a used Ridgid TS24241 with roller extension for $385. Which is the better saw?
    What do you want to do with the saw?

    The 3650 is a very good saw if you don't want to move to different rooms/places it after setting it up. The 2400 is going to be mobile. If you don't care about the mobility, I would go with the 3650 (which is what I have). It is going to be bigger and heavier, so more stable than the mobile saw.

    I got my 3650 new for $420 + tax in February.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Which saw? TS 3650 or TS 24241

      The 24241 is similar to the 3650 and comes with the hercules lift for mobility. (Its not a portable saw) I will keep it in my garage for basic woodworking. Thx for the response.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Which saw? TS 3650 or TS 24241

        Originally posted by Dadohead View Post
        The 24241 is similar to the 3650 and comes with the hercules lift for mobility. (Its not a portable saw) I will keep it in my garage for basic woodworking. Thx for the response.
        I missed that, the 24241 must be the older gray version of the 3650. The 3650 also has a herculift, or at least the new ones do. If the one saw has a herculift and the other doesn't, I would get the one with the herculift. It makes moving the saw around my basement a breeze.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Which saw? TS 3650 or TS 24241

          Originally posted by cpw View Post
          The 2400 is going to be mobile. If you don't care about the mobility, I would go with the 3650 (which is what I have). It is going to be bigger and heavier, so more stable than the mobile saw.
          I think he is referring to the TS2424 that predates the 3650 (and 2400).

          I've had my 2424 for years and have been happy with it. It was made by Emerson electric/Ridgid. But it does seem like $385 is on the expensive side for a 7-8 year old saw.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Which saw? TS 3650 or TS 24241

            Definately go with the 3650. There's nothing inherently wrong with the 2424 its just that the 3650 has improvement to it that the 2424 didn't have. For instance, the fence on the 3650 is setup for the 36" rip capacity on the RH side of the blade while the 2424 can be modified for that but comes standard with a 24" rip capacity. There are other differences but that is the major difference. Also, and most importantly, the person selling the 2424 is asking way to much money for a saw that is at least 6 years old.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

            Comment

            Working...
            X