X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee Adds Two New Miter Saws To Their Lineup

It's about time Milwaukee woke up and made new models. I wonder about their quality being that TTI owns them and you can be pretty sure these are made over in China and not here in North America. I'm not sure where they are made in China, but more and more Milwaukee power tools and accessories are made in China. I totally hate it, but that's what happens when a greedy and evil hog like TTI takes over a USA based company.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Milwaukee Introduces New 12” Dual-Bevel Miter Saws

06/16/2008
    Milwaukee Electric Tool is pleased to announce the launch of two new 12” Miter Saws that revolutionize the miter saw category by featuring innovations that allow the professional craftsman to do their job more efficiently. The 6950-20 12” Dual Bevel Miter Saw and 6955-20 12” Sliding Dual Bevel Miter Saw are ideal for a broad array of applications including cutting base and crown molding, cabinetry, stairs, handrails and window and door casing.

The 12” Dual-Bevel Miter Saws offer best in class performance in the areas that the contractor demands the most, including:

Repeatable Accuracy:
    Milwaukee Miter Saws set the new standard for quick, repeatable accuracy. Miter angle digital readout provides repeatable accuracy to 0.1°. Miter angle fine adjust with detent override makes it simple to dial-in precise miter angles. Dual integral jobsite lights increase productivity by fully illuminating the cut line.

Maximum Power:
    The 6950-20 and 6955-20 are the most power miter saws on the market. The 15.0 amp, 3.3 max H.P. direct drive motor provides maximum power for high performance cutting in hard lumber. Constant power technology with soft start maintains constant speed and power under load and decreases start-up head movement.

Ease of Use:
    Both Miter Saws feature an integral dust channel that captures up to 75% of the dust and debris cut. Dual Horizontal Steel Rails with Three Large Linear Bearings deliver smooth sliding action. The Oversized Single Lever Bevel Adjustment with 9 Positive Bevel Stops allows the saw to easily bevel left and right from 0° to 48° and provides fast and accurate adjustments.

The new 12” Dual-Bevel Miter Saws are backed by Milwaukee’s five year tool warranty.
    Last edited by Woussko; 06-25-2008, 03:13 PM.

Re: Milwaukee Adds Two New Miter Saws To Their Lineup

Someone please correct if my memory is bad but I don't think that the quality of the Milwaukee line of tools has suffered at all since Milwaukee was purchased by TTI. People can bash China made products till they're blue in the face but bottom line is that it isn't where something is made but to what specifications it is produced too. If the specs are set high enough and adhered to then it doesn't make two hoots in hell where it's made. Social issues aside, the Chinese are just as capable of making quality products as anyone else is.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      If the specs are set high enough and adhered to then it doesn't make two hoots in hell where it's made. Social issues aside, the Chinese are just as capable of making quality products as anyone else is.
      True and their hand embroidery work is beautiful. It's mostly that I like to see a good USA based company stay that way and keep jobs here in the USA. A good many NIKON camera products are made in China and the same for Canon copiers and HP Laser Printers.

I liked it when Atlas-Copco had Milwaukee and AEG working together. They made some very serious power tools and accessories some of which didn't get to the USA except by special order.

Me and my darn howling. It has to end.
      Last edited by Woussko; 06-25-2008, 07:45 PM.

Comment

I would love nothing more than to buy quality American made power tools.

I really like my Milwaukee V28 kit and Driver but the whole made in China does not impress me at all, because I do care where my tools are made.
        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          Someone please correct if my memory is bad but I don't think that the quality of the Milwaukee line of tools has suffered at all since Milwaukee was purchased by TTI. People can bash China made products till they're blue in the face but bottom line is that it isn't where something is made but to what specifications it is produced too. If the specs are set high enough and adhered to then it doesn't make two hoots in hell where it's made. Social issues aside, the Chinese are just as capable of making quality products as anyone else is.
          While I agree that Milwakees quality has slipped some since the TTI purchase it has nothing to do with where it is made. I don't think TTI has the same high standards as other companies which is clearly evident with the Ridgid line. So I have seen the Milwaukee quality suffer from this. However this is due to the company. Like Badger said if you have high standards and those high standards are followed it doesn't matter where it is made. In the case of Milwaukee I believe the standards have been lowered.

Comment

I also have a hard time buying a China tool. When TTI bought them out, they kept most of there lines in place, same manufacturing standards etc. So far their percentage of returns has not gone up.
            Free power tool website with free woodworking plans

http://www.professional-power-tool-guide.com

Comment

we have some of the new miter saws on order
              cant remember all the details will check at work tomorrow and post asap

tu

Comment

FYI: LOCAL HDs marked down the Milwaukee 12" SCMS 6955-20 $699>$499

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                  I guess it wasn't a big seller. Looks like a nice saw. It's a bit heavy, but feels nice. That's a great price for a 12" SCMS.

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                    Where in PA are you?

Comment

This may not apply in this case, but I have a friend near Reading, PA and he finds all kinds of great tool deals at Home Depot, Lowes and Sears over in his area. I wonder if it's because that area along with Lancaster, PA has many outlets of other kinds. Maybe they send tools there for clearance specials.

I'm in the Central MD area and have not seen any of the new Milwaukee Miter saws in any Home Depot locations near me. NONE

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                        I guess it wasn't a big seller. Looks like a nice saw. It's a bit heavy, but feels nice. That's a great price for a 12" SCMS.
                        Newman, Confession time for you. In your book it's BOSCH and only BOSCH for any manor of a powered saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
                          Very sales challenged in todays market at $699 but your comments speak volumes. That's mighty bosch of you

FYI 10" Makita LS1013 is now the same price as the 12" Milwaukee SCMS
                          Last edited by reConx; 11-06-2008, 11:43 PM.

Comment

The Milwaukee has a nice work light too, which I prefer over a laser...

Comment

Work Light = Nice

The old howling hound has no use for lasers on miter saws but a nice light, would sure be good to have. W T G Team Red

Please note that I have not seen the new Milwaukee miter saws in person. Maybe it's time I go hunting for them.
                              Last edited by Woussko; 11-07-2008, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X